Funko Heating Up

Y’know - I 1st saw one of those Northeast U.S. Youtubers show that he picked up a few issues of Darkwing Duck at a convention a couple months ago. Not his usual pickup type and thought it odd, but didn’t think much more of it.

Then I saw his Variants to be dropped in the future from this Youtuber. And then another variant from another YouTuber. And then another and another. It alllllllllllllllllllllll added up to me. Pushing the agenda. Pushing the agenda. And I gotta say - it’s worked for them!
I’d never fall for that B.S. methodology from start to finish as I’ve seen it all unfold dozens of times in the past; but clearly others feel differently and it still seems to work on the masses.

2 Likes

Been a while since I posted, but I wanted to share it as a potential good flip. With the success of The Last of Us, it has pushed all The Last of Us collectibles through the roof. The POPs are selling for a few hundred dollars.

What’s a good, cheap buy-in with a lot of potential? Tubbz!

TUBBZ The Last of Us Joel Collectible Duck Vinyl Figure - Official The Last of Us Merchandise -TV Shows & Video Games https://a.co/d/71vdiwd

You may have seen Tubbz around and not paid attention to them. After all, they’re just cheap-looking rubber ducks based on different characters. However, never doubt the power of the ducks. Because the POPs are so expensive, it’s pushing the Tubbz above retail! The other ducks are sold out on Amazon, but the Joel is still available for $16.99.

Some of these ducks are selling for $30 on ebay. Who knows, maybe $60 by March? For $16, it ain’t a bad buy-in.

2 Likes

Target Con Funkos available now: Funko : Target

1 Like

New pictures for Across the Spider-Verse POPs have been revealed

2 Likes

Not familiar with “medieval” vulture.

Funko is normally PG-13. However, they are releasing Pops for Cocaine Bear including in this one, bags of cocaine. Can’t see how this won’t end up being popular and desired.

https://www.funko.com/shop/details/movies-cocaine-bear-with-bag-pop

3 Likes

And there is one where he is eating a leg too.

https://www.funko.com/search?term=Cocaine

1 Like

This is the post I first read when opening this thread right now…

It’s cheaper to throw them away than house them and store them.

In short, the product they’re storing is now worth less than the cost of keeping it on hand, so they’re dumping at least $30 million worth of it.

On a call with investors last week, CEO Brian Mariotti said Funko had already filled its Arizona distributing center to the brim with dolls and was forced to rent excess storage containers for them. The cost of that extra storage, he said, was causing the company to lose money at a rapid clip.

Company executives also announced that they would cut 10% cut of their workforce as a cost-saving measure.

1 Like

I wonder which ones are getting trashed…?

If you’ve been watching their online store, you’d think it’s tons of retailer “exclusives” which have been making their way to funko direct.

I bet it’s a little of everything, though.

1 Like

Sell them cheap. Tons of people would buy them.

1 Like

I think what Funko corporate is saying is that the cost of housing, packing, shipping, returns, customer service on these is more than they would make selling them.

Tell me where the dump is and I will go pick them out of the trash.

2 Likes

In a perfect world, they’d be next to the E.T. Atari game in a dump, just because that’d be so random.

2 Likes

Tell me where the dump is, as well.
I have one that was given to me that I wish to add to the heap.

2 Likes

Bill you can send them to me. Especially if they are horror related.

1 Like

For all you dump detectives.