Funko Heating Up

What a shitty thing for a corporation to do. At least attempt to recycle them or give them to a company that will turn them into something useful. I’ll never support Funko again if they do plan to just trash these into a landfill somewhere… so irresponsible of them on so many levels!

5 Likes

Apparently Wizards of the coast did the same thing with Magic Cards recently. Magic and Funko has been keeping many shops in business.

Actually, can they really claim it’s $30 Million dollars worth if they’re throwing it away, product they can’t even sell? Wouldn’t it now be considered “worthless”?

Got one coming your way!

I think Hasbro owns WotC and MtG, right? I wouldn’t put it passed Hasbro to do something like that. I’m a Marvel Legends collector and they’ve been straight up stealing money from people lately on their figure prices.

It probably is 30 million on paper including the cost of storing that they were taking into account. Loss write-off they get to carry over for the next few years should help the shareholders.

Oh I know how it works on corporate level… it’s still bullshit and irresponsible.

2 Likes

100%, Shoulda just donated them to hospitals or something for kids. The PR for them would have saved their tanking stock

2 Likes

Yeah, this is gross. What an enormous waste if they’re not even going to bother trying to recycle.

1 Like

I see those happy little Funko smiling faces amongst the debris and dirt.
I see smiling faces turning to sadness
Unloved
Unwanted
The Island of Misfit Funkos.
Can someone not save them? They just want to be wanted. Poor little smiley Funkos

1 Like

You should turn that into a haiku.

2 Likes

Funko is throwing out $30 million in product because it is costing more to store it than it is worth at this point. As goes Funko so goes the economy. Food and gas…. or a plastic bobble head looking thing? Who knew Funko was the canary in the coal mine.

1 Like

Canary in the coal mine is also a Funko for sale.

I’m kidding. I think.

It was but all of them got thrown out in trash.

It was expected to happen at some point. They literally make a funko product for every pop culture character.

I am waiting for my Villians from real history line to be approved.

Canada exclusive

2 Likes

Wolverine is Canadian, so I guess it makes sense!

How can i get my hands on one?