I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

agreed. the title of that book is literally the only reason it was on my want list.

2 Likes

man this is just unheard of. im sure you could hardly believe it was real while it was happening. i always go into those stores when i see them and your story is a good reminder to continue doing so. awesome find!
is the simpsons 1 in high(ish) grade? been looking to upgrade my current copy.

1 Like

How I felt when I came across Young Avengers 1 for $10.

3 Likes

Todays LCS Finds.

3 Likes

Todays thrift store/consignment findsj. They had an AF 15 1st Cho for $200…looked NM. May go back for it. I have a VF/NM copy already.

Need a separate thread for non-LCS finds like thrift stores.

2 Likes
1 Like

I haven’t been there in probably 8 months, but, I’ve never thought of CBSI and CHU as ‘the same’.

2 Likes

It’s definitely has surface “dirt”; so I’d say it’s more of a mid grade

The amazing 300 & Simpsons are worst grade of the lot. The 300 by far… its like a VG … maybe

2 Likes

How much a VG 300?

1 Like

Incredible.

1 Like

I have a Simpson’s newsstand…my mom bought it for me off he spinner rack. Thought I’d like it.

I didn’t take the best care,probably a VF/NM grade.

I saw a mid grade one at a thrift store yesterday but passed on it.

Looking at ebay prices have jumped even for mid grades…guess I need to go back and grab it.

4 Likes

Yeaaa… I left stuff behind as well. I just was going on memory and was not keen on using Ebay searches in the store on what amounted to about 4 long boxes. I had later afternoon plans.
I might go back today for more.
Here’s the remainder of yesterday that I still have to check prices on to see if I did alright. I just went on memory or if it looked like something that might have value.
The Thor 1 is a 2nd print
The Flash Gordon 1 is a Dynamic Forces variant that I can’t seem to find listed or sold anywhere

1 Like

1 Like

Sorry - I missed your post until now.
Send me a PM and I’ll send pictures and such and we’ll go from there if you’re interested.

Found a few things yesterday. I knew a shop had a stack of the annual. Bought six, but they have another dozen.

Found some awesome Spidey and DD covers. $10 for all.

$7 for this group. Might flip the Dr. Strange right away.

Then some more dollar books. Trying to complete the Skrulls and DD minis via dollar bins and I’m 80% there. Cool What If book for a buck.

8 Likes

Love that Wonder Twins; but I’m biased as of late :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Okay I gotta ask what makes Wonder Twins such a hot find?

3 Likes

Starting to think there are more than 22,000 or whatever comichron said.

Seems like everyone is finding them. Low ballers coming in at $20. For an $8 book, I don’t see the point in letting it go for that little.

1 Like

wonder twins show rumored for hbo max, I think that’s their more recent modern appearance

1 Like

i can’t believe it’s taken this long for simpsons 1 to finally be worth something. also surprised that simpsons comics and stories #1, which is the very first simpsons comic and undervalued, can still be found for under $10.

1 Like