I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

When I find some good stuff at stores, I yell… “Jackpot… We eating Good Tonight!”

It’s funny some of the looks I get :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do something stupid when I find good stuff, I sing “eBay” to the tune of He-Man theme song

1 Like

Hit a collector’s garage sale. A few fun finds. I averaged a little less than $2/book. Been after a clean Fanfare 10 and Secret Wars 7, so that was fun to find. I surely didn’t need more Star Wars HRA 1 or Thor 5 3rd, but for $2… sure.

9 Likes

that’s an awesome haul for average $2/book!! lots of great stuff :+1:

1 Like

Really nice smattering of goodies!

I found 10 Packs ($7.99) at my Ollie’s.

Mine smells like a nursing home.

The packs are somewhat loose inside, so you can use your thumb to separate the books along the spine and more or less see the issue number, cover A/B/RI, and most of the times can make out the title.

Not too many DC or Marvel books…I’d say 90% of the contents are IDW. So lots of Star Wars Adventures/High Republic, TMNT, Transformers, My Little Pony, Marvel Adventures, etc. and from what I can tell none of the retailer incentives. And all very recent (2020-2021).

Even the Marvels and DC books were the ones we’ve been seeing in the Walmart packs (like Batman 92A).

If anyone finds a gem in these, please post. There were about 20-30 10 packs…but not a lot of variety in them…but I didn’t have a lot of time to look….may go back tomorrow or when I have more time to peek at them more.

I did not purchase any.

2 Likes

Ollie’s had stacks of these too.

1 Like

I had very little time to look around today so I didn’t go into toys. One also smells like a nursing home. And great. Two Star Wars figures no one wants.

I bought a box of comics sight unseen today. My mother hits garage sales and texted me. $1 each, but then the seller offered the full box for $35. About 150 books. I said, “I’m bored. Why not.”

None of the books are flawless, but a few cool ones surfaced.

Amazing Fantasy 1 (first Arana) and 15 (first Amadeus Cho) were the big finds. Gorgeous Namorita cover on Agents of Atlas 4. A few other fun things. A stack of about 30 Alpha Flight. And about 25 other low value keepers. I’ll sell off the extra bulk stuff.

8 Likes

Did you get the run in AMazing Fantasy, or just the three? Other good issues in that run.

Just those three, but I was pretty happy with those three. :slight_smile:

It’s weird. 150 ish books, and most were titles that started with A or B. Feels like someone bought a long box from a shop or something.

Or there’s 14 other boxes left at the garage sale :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I asked about it. That was it. Odd, but cool. 176 books in total. Keeping 32. Most of those are even just ok books. Already sold 35 to a buddy. Will bulk out the rest cheap to a buyer I know.

Here’s a cool one, although not really worth much. Alpha Flight 53. Jim Lee’s first cover at Marvel. In weirdly excellent shape.

1 Like

I think that may be the most Byrne-esque Lee art I’ve seen.

Ill take that Alpha Flight 53 from you if you dont want it

Interesting. I also got Amazing Fantasy 1 & 15 at a garage sale 3 years ago.
I paid $3 each though :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a ton of yard sales and thrift and antique shops in my area. I have never in my life come across comic books there.

1 Like

Same. I have antique store but most of them have quarter bin books at like $10

Jim Lee’s 1st Marvel work is Alpha Flight #51.

1 Like

Yep. But, that’s internal pages work. 53 is his first cover.

1 Like