I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

I walked in to my LCS today and saw this one on the lower left and immediately thought of you.

1 Like

Haha!!! Yep… Archie books with Betty & Veronica in swimsuits are an automatic buy!!!
That’s great. :blush:

1 Like

Bought a stack of comics from an estate sale for about 11 smackers and they had, “Betty and Me 16,” included. A fun innuendo cover. It’s rough but I put it up on eBay and it has a $35 bid so I’ve already made some money. Picture:

I also got in touch with someone who does estate cleanouts and he had some comics in a box. He told me they seemed to be newer Marvel titles from the last 10-15 years. I took a look as it was a lot of stuff that wasn’t notable but he did have a Marvel Now Point One AKA first Kamala Khan. I offered him a fair price for it and the rest of the stack. He has my contact information to reach out anytime he finds more comics. Picture:

7 Likes

I used to go to Drawn To Comics all the time. Some of my favorite people in the business!

My current LCS is Surprise Comics who I really like as well. Both have great stores IMO

I’ve slowed down on buying new releases so I make infrequent visits with my daughter so she can look at the stickers and Pokemon :joy: I’m still trying to get her into comics

1 Like

Went to a local show this past weekend and there was a guy there selling his personal collection. He brought mostly keys and his books were all undergraded and seriously underpriced. And I don’t mean 20% under current ebay last sold, I’m talking crazy good prices. I’m surprised another dealer there didn’t buy out his entire booth. I took his info to follow up. I bought the slab to crack :screwdriver:

I got everything pictured from that one guy except the 1st Zatanna. Got that from a dealer who seemed really motivated to move books. I waited until 5 mins before closing and made an offer I didn’t think he’d accept, but he countered with just +$10 :handshake: I love that you can see her on the splash page while most of the cover is still there.

7 Likes

Met up with that seller and got some more books.

1st full Atrocitus is a newsstand, otherwise just some nice minor DC keys with potential

Cheap cheap cheap

Cheap cheap cheap

The star sapphire cover has seen nice sales in high grade and the biggest book I got is this Tec 359. Unfortunately the cover is completely split and detached but it displays like a high grade copy so I had to take it… probably the nicest 1.0 to 1.5 in existence lol

8 Likes

Nice pickups. I love low grade old Batman

2 Likes

My pants get any tighter so please stop. A lot of very nice pickups. That FF Annual looks really nice. Still looking for a copy myself.

1 Like

Haha thanks, that’s the effect every collector hopes for when they pick up books!

1 Like

This isn’t a “what I got,” but more of a what I saw. Stopped at a Half Price Books, and a guy was in with a large bin full of OLD, unbagged books. I saw old Batman and Avengers on top of the piles, and there were hundreds of books. Even the Half Price guy was like, “there’s some great stuff in here.” I was so tempted to walk up and say, “I’ll double whatever they offer you.” I bet there were some absolute gems in there.

Despite never finding anything at this HPB, I did find these for $1.50 each. 1:10 Powers of X and an early Cindy Moon app. But, damn. After seeing that gold mine, I’m just irritated. I’m sure they offered him peanuts and he accepted.

3 Likes

I have done that before. Well sort of. Saw a woman selling a bin of comics at a comic shop. I saw what they saw in the box. Not mega keys but lots of value. One book was a $200-300 book. Needless to say they offered her $20 for the box. She said no. I was done so I said “let me get the door for you” as she walked out. She was loading the box in her car and she said the $20 wouldn’t cover gas for the drive. I said what were you looking for the box. She said $50. I said ok. Pulled out a $50 bill and paid her for the box. The box brought in close to $700 in sales when all was said and done.

6 Likes

And now how the transaction really went down…

IMG_5627

7 Likes

Loll too true

My GF got mugged once and they said to her…

“GIVE UP THE $H17 Bitc# !!!”

So every so often we laugh and say that to each other… :slight_smile:

Found these at an antique store while driving through Alabama. Funny bc each was 5$ but the BIG keys that were at the booth were obscenely high.

3 Likes

I opened each book and I’d say these are each minimum 9.4. Almost perfect books

2 Likes

I just bought a mostly sight unseen smallish collection of 350 books for cheap, mostly because I saw a Marvel Comics Presents 72, an Alpha Flight 1, and an Avatar 2011 FCBD book (Meaning first app of Savage Opress is on the flip side) in the few pics. Picking up in 2 hours.

FINGERS CROSSED.

8 Likes

Good luck

2 Likes

Well, this collection buy was mostly a dud. A handful of ok books, but nearly all have some sort of flaw. A marker scribble, a sticker on the good FCBD books, rough condition overall.

I guess you gamble and lose sometimes. I’ll most likely clean up the collection and bulk it out for what I paid for it. I’ll keep the ones below:

6 Likes

I’ve gambled on collections and done well or totally washed out. You played the game and we are proud of you!

2 Likes