I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

Fantasy Masterpieces are nice books if you find them in high grade. Nice consultation prize if you can’t afford the original surfer series.

1 Like

Took part in another live auction and won these goodies plus the bulk at the bottom which I’m looking to sell if any CHU’er wants em… I included the Showcase 37 (1st Metal Men) in the bulk because customs sliced right through the cover during inspection :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I had a NYX 3 a long time ago…I had the whole series. Sold the lot for like $20.

:pensive:

I miss it because it is a great Middleton cover.

1 Like

That’s some quality stuff!

1 Like

Great books. I have the first Ivy and the Hawkman. First Metal Men is a cool grab as well. Sucks customs cut the cover.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been after it for a while. This was already lower grade like my other copy but the slice really took it way down. The cover was sliced almost completely in half aside from 1 inch art the bottom… but the other books made up for it.

New Mutants from 2003 has some cool Middleton covers for cheap.

2 Likes

Customers damaged a book before for me as well. Put a nice tear down down the corner. Seller reimbursed me somewhat. Buying overseas has its risks…

Hot up a local antique fair in my area. Really happy with these. They weren’t a buck or anything but they were all quite nice. Paid the fellow $90 for the lot which imo was very fair.
2nd Blade, & 1st Hannibal King, First meeting of Blade/Hannibal.

12 Likes

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen any of these variants, and I got them for 50 cents each.

1 Like

Got these 2 for $13 total.

Not comics but I picked up these for .49 cents each.

They must have just gotten them in, they had 4 huge boxes of old issues all the way back to the 70’s. I had way to many comics so I just flipped through quickly and grabbed these 2.

8 Likes

This is so nostalgia for me. 90s all over again. I remember that Janet Jackson cover being a “thing” back in the day.

2 Likes

Nostalgia? The 90’s only happened recently! Right? Sigh…

2 Likes

Somebody posted the Gen 13 cover in another pickups thread.

I just watched the movie ‘Singles’ for the first time in over a decade. Young Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. Brilliant movie for the time and really took me back to when I was ‘single’ and having fun.

That Janet Jackson cover was great! I don’t own it but I do have a German Gen13 ‘Splitter’ variant :smile:

2 Likes

Singles was one of the defining movies of my time. I still look for someone who says bless you or will reach across to unlock the door.

3 Likes

It was a good day at half price books last weekend! All of this was only $22.

12 Likes

HPB can have amazing stuff sometimes!

1 Like

I have that King Thor 1 2nd print. I like that cover of Gorr.

2 Likes

My Half Price Books should be called Double Price Books. Even minor keys are labeled as keys and marked way up. I’ve stopped going there all together.

1 Like

Same here, use to get deals and find great books in the comic bins. I just sell books there. I even dropped off a Bendis Signed Civil War II book and I think they gave me like $10 for it (I literally had it listed for months without a nibble and even did a 99 cent auction and nobody bid on it) and last I checked they had it in their special glass case for $100… teehee!

2 Likes