I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

An update on the collection I bought. Turned out to be about 700 books. All very nicely bagged and boarded. The initial listing checked a few boxes for potential big keys: located in a tiny town relatively far from a metro. Books were nicely stored, but not in standard boxes. Great price.

Sadly, zip. A smattering of small maybe keys, but mostly run filler stuff. I’m very happy with the purchase, as I have a buyer for most of it already. But, no UF4. I plan to keep about 60 of the books. Easily could keep more, as the titles were solid, but I’m already running out of storage space quickly.

A few keys here and there, but all very minor.
IMG_2502

Good titles, though. Good run fillers.
IMG_2503

10 Likes

You did good, even if there wasn’t anything earth-shattering!

1 Like

I think I should be able to double my initial investment plus keep the 60-ish books I want. I’ll call that a win.

Actually, ONLY keeping 60 is the win. I want to keep 250 of them.

4 Likes

Small comic con haul.
Before you razz me too much…I always wanted those McFarlane covers, including the Dazzler books. It really wasn’t a FOMO Dazzler hype buy. :blush:
Other than those, I stuck to my plan pretty well.

7 Likes

I hadn’t realized McFarlane did a dazzler cover. Will add it to my list.

1 Like

He did the marvel tales, but I don’t think he did a regular dazzler book.

Mcfarlane marvel tales covers are always a good buy if you can find them cheap and in high grade.

1 Like

I have the Twisted tales books, full run of the series. Also Twisted Tales of Bruce Jones. Great series. I want Elvira’s House of Mystery

I always liked this cover:

3 Likes

Correct, I should have clarified better as he only did those Marvel Tales covers with Dazzler. I just really liked that other Dazzler cover because Luke Cage is awesome & it caught my eye.
SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!

1 Like

He also did a Quasar cover that I don’t see too often.

Speaking of yard sales and other things. Setting up at a flea market today at the Carrol County AG Center. Bringing some stuff with me. Box of $1 comics. Two boxes of $3 comics, box of priced as marked variants, some action figures, pops, signed prints. Even a couple of slabs. Going to test it out. Never done this kind of sale before. Figured there is only one comic shop in the area so there could be some comic hungry buyers. Mostly going to hang out with my mom for the day but hoping to score some cash off recent purchases and extras from collections I have picked up.

5 Likes

Best of luck! Let us know how it went! Love hearing reports on sales/buying trends.

1 Like

My set up is one box of $1, two boxes of bagged and boarded $3 comics, and a box of priced books and variants. Brought toys and other things. So far have done surprisingly well. Mostly older guys but have sold about $300. Sold several variants but a bunch of $3 books. Mind you, by bagging and boarding my .50 books I have sold so many for $3

6 Likes

More important I get a day with my youngest and my mom. He has done about $50 worth of sales on his toys.

20 Likes

Good lesson about earning money and hopefully good times with Dad for mini Anthony!

1 Like

Yooo @Anthony you just inspired me with my lil man. Jus said he has some old figs he wants to move. And I have comics I want to hand sell for cheap. I like that man. #Salute

2 Likes

It was fun. I made over $300 on books that are dupes and trips sitting in bins I planned to eventually put up for a buck. Well presented $3 bins sell well. My son sold Hot wheels, old books and dvd’s from when he was younger, and action figures (some went to a pre-school and some went to an adult with a mental handicap. He spent some money and still came home with $50. So it was awesome. I paid $40 for the booth and 3 tables. It was a blast.

8 Likes

Also. First appearance of Old Man Anthony (with glasses) making the adjustment to seeing.

2 Likes

Oh man, I just started using glasses for reading. Still not used to them. Getting old…fun.

Glad you had a good time, @Anthony! It is fun to spend time doing a hobby you enjoy with your family. My older son likes to help me put together bags and boards and I’ve joked with my wife when both are older they can help me do comic shows and lug stuff around!

I’ve had glasses since 2nd grade and my vision is literally 20/400 or something absurd.

2 Likes