I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

It does have the MVS, I paid $400.

5 Likes

You did well, great stuff!

3 Likes

I’m a West Cost Avengers fan, and have been chipping away at vol 2. But, I found a local seller than sold the vol 1 mini, the vol 2 full run (102 issues and 8 annuals), as well as the first 10 issues of New Avengers vol 1 for about 60 cents per book. All in fantastic condition.

And, I was able to move most of my current collection of vol 2 to a buddy. It’s nice having a clean set of the full run.

8 Likes

the West Coast Avengers run is so underrated. It’s so fun.

1 Like

Horrible ending though.
They stopped WCA and Wonder Man just as they were getting really good to start that worthless title Force Works with the terrible costume changes, cover that turned into glue and tears trying to open and killed off Wonder Man in issue #1.

Don’t even get me started on ruining Mockingbird and Hawkeye’s marriage.

The reconciliation between Hawkeye and Mockingbird is short-lived as in late 1993 Thomas has the character sacrifice her life to save her husband from Mephisto in the centennial issue of Avengers West Coast.[65][66]

The Avengers West Coast title was canceled two issues later. The storyline depicted how the team, reeling from the events surrounding Mockingbird’s death, is ultimately forced to disband.[67]

As a kid, Hawkeye was the one hero we could actually pretend we could manage to be. Archery, flying around on a cool sky motorbike, fighting with the coolest superhero team on the planet and gets to marry the HOT blonde. When I got out of comics the 1st time I carried the trade around with his 4 issue mini for years when I had almost nothing else.

Found this at a local antique place, no idea what it is, but for $1 I bought it for the cover…

Its a who’s who of underground comix book, certainly won’t get the Comic Authority seal of approval, its downright explicit. Good thing my son didn’t grab it. One oddity…a strip by a Kevin Eastman called Undergrounds 451… is it THE Kevin Eastman??

8 Likes

Fascinating stuff!

i’ve gotten really into underground stuff lately. the selection of vintage underground issues on lastgasp.com is worth checking out.

This book is very much in that flavor, the strip above is Kevin Eastmen of TMNT fame, it was put out by Rip Off Press in 1989, lots Rip Off Press stuff on Last Gasp.

Got lucky at Half Price Books today. I already have most of these, but at half-off cover I’ll take some more. None are perfect, but mostly just some spine ticks and the #1 has a bent corner on the back cover.

IMG_9905

9 Likes

Wow. Even though the luster has worn off a lot of SIKTC books, those are great early issues.

I only find the worst of the worst issues overpriced at my HPB.

2 Likes

One of my biggest scores ever was SIKTC at a Half Price Books as well. Weird, they must not know to check that series for extra value.

2 Likes

My HPB:

First edition. $8.00

1 Like

I could’ve sent you a bunch for free. $8 seems steep for a book that’s in everyone’s collections.

2 Likes

I would assume that the title by itself would create very little interest outside of SIKTC/comic fans.

Sorry, my sarcasm wasn’t clear. I sure as hell didn’t buy a Turok for $8. I wouldn’t buy it for $1. My poorly worded point was my HPB takes worthless books and puts an $8 price tag on 'em.

3 Likes

It might be worth the $8 if it grades 9.9…

3 Likes

Might for sure… I wouldn’t be interested if it was a 10.0 and cost $2… I’d rather buy a snickers bar with my $2 than own that comic! :wink:

1 Like

Only if it’s Snickers almond. That stuff is delicious.

To be fair I used to love Turok. It was a good book. So was X-O Man O war. Both ended up having a video game too.

2 Likes