I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

Whatever happened to Bart Sears? I always enjoyed his artwork.

1 Like

Dang… Is this HPB in Northern CALIFORNIA. I swear your experience is like mine. My HPB are pricing keys like 2021, delusional AF given the condition of the book and the market we are in… SMH.

I’m still an X-O fan… I wish they would do more with that character. So much potential, could be some awesome movies too…

Garage sale season is here. Already hit a great one. Every book here was a dollar, and in perfect condition. I’ve never seen such pristine books in a sale like this.

I only had a short time to dig. I’m sure I left some good ones behind. I bought 30 books in all for $30, then came home to find my X-Men 25 that I listed last night sold for $30. So, free books! :slight_smile:

I didn’t realize the Spider-Girl was a reprint of her first app until after I got home. Still a cool book for a dollar, but not as cool as the actual first app.

7 Likes

The zero issue reprint still is pretty sought after, I like that Nocterra 1 you got too!

I’ve never seen that marvel milestone legion of monsters before. I want it!

Great day at the flea market yesterday, went to one I had never been to before.

What’s in the Box!?!?

A huge run of Tomb of Dracula

7 Likes

Some misc. horror / sci fi

Add a load of EC reprints

and some dollar finds

10 Likes

Nice score!
I used to clean up at Flea Markets up until just prior to Covid.
Then people (sellers) started getting knowledgeable and were no longer selling books like this for a buck or so. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to make a steal at a Flea.

Yard sales are a different story - can still find that seller that has no idea about comics although even that is becoming much harder with the advent and success of the MCU movies

1 Like

Huge score! Going to a local con today, don’t think I’ll be able to score this big. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

How did you make out at the con?

1 Like

Very fun day at the con. Picked up a lot of cool stuff, here are some of the highlights.

First up, got these all for 70 cents each. Love these! The GI Joe 252 Baroness cover B has been blowing up. Bonus points if anyone remembers Trespasser 1. The Scarlett Johansson photo variants as well as the Star Wars Adventures 20 cover B Barriss Offee variant are keepers.

Next up. Got these for $3 each. Mcfarlane covers for Conan, First Lafreeze in Green Lantern, and a newsstand of Transformers the movie 1.

Next, found one of the nicest copy of Usagi 1 first print. There are some imperfections that I can press out as this looks like a 9.8 candidate. So I decided to splurge a little bit and spent $40 on it. Found MOTU 1 and Booster Gold 1, paid $15 each for those.

Next up, my biggest find in the wild to date. So all Dave Stevens covers has been blowing up but this one came out of nowhere and has shot up to $239 raw. Gorgeous cover that you may be able to find in the wild but it’s rather rare as the print run on these were low and it’s a D cover. Don’t know how many shops back then were ordering cover Ds of Dave Stevens Rocketeer from IDW. Found this for $2, very beautiful 9.8 copy so I’m going to keep it.

14 Likes

Killer deals at 70 cents each… that hawkeye hip hop variant would be staying with me too.

2 Likes

Yeah the Kate Bishop hip hop is gorgeous. Looks great in person, beautiful purple and black. Pictures don’t do it justice. I may just keep it.

2 Likes

Now THIS is a hit!
Great digging and outstanding prices

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the report! You knocked it out of the park!!!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to dump my extras for a while now…

1 Like

You were supposed to dump them when they were pumped up by the option news years ago. I think they went as high as $175 raw for the A cover for some unknown reason. :grin:

I have a few of those laying around too (cover A). I did sell well over half what I bought before everything cooled down…which was pretty fast. I think I paid $2 each for them and sold them up to $50 range. I feel kind of bad now seeing they are now selling for a fraction of what they were going for. It was easy money for a week or two, though.

1 Like

Yup, Same, been trying to dump them since the option.

1 Like