I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

I bought 10 or so for $2/ea maybe? I did flip a few that covered my cost, but the rest have sat since.

I’ve been eye balling those 252s… Nice catch!

Thanks, they’re a nice little set.

So I remember picking up this story when it came up in the ICYMI issues… Actually I think it was reprints but I picked it up cause I believe they were a $1… The original came out in 2016 as a digital, He did a Kickstarter to have it made in to a hard copy… 2018… booyah… and then in ICYMI…

I really loved it, and then I heard it was OPTIONED… great story to be optioned… would make a hell of a HORROR STORY with a HUH at the end… anyhoo we didn’t see nothing come out of it lately… maybe because they cant find a financial producer / producer so it’s stuck out there with a bunch of other optioned comics (LIKE WITCHES) that were purchased but will probably never see the Silver Screen…

Anyways, can’t sell those Blanks… maybe because ALTNA has them on their page for $2.25…

which reminds me, I should pick some up… I have a massive collection of blanks that I use for my bargaining power at CONS…

1 Like

I’ve been going after Baroness Covers as of late… Maybe I will put them in a bundle and sell them together…
I’ve been having more luck selling comics / GN / CDS as bundles as opposed to individual copies. Helps make space by the way…

1 Like

MY Lcs bought a recent collection and these were there along with the Superman… alas… the Superman was sold before I got there. .but I did get these…

3 Likes

Sigh…I remember buying those the day they came out oh so many years ago.

1 Like

I still have my joker stories soft cover.

Yeah when Trespasser was optioned, I got 2 blanks and 2 regular at cover. Flipped on of each and kept one of the blank ones and drew some aliens on it. Came out kinda cool lol.

Today’s Yard Sale pickup.
All books were $1.
Because I got 12 books, made a deal for $10 :rofl:

If anyone on here is in the Hudson Valley NY area I can give you the address. There were literally 25 shortboxes of recent variants and Cover A’s. Unfortunately, variants and new books are not my wheelhouse so I probably overlooked alot of somewhat pricey books. He’s there all weekend and no one else was there with me. Not well advertised imo
(Side Note: he chatted alot so I thought it would be poor of me to pull out my phone and start checking prices)

15 Likes

good catch on that Iron Man wraparound photo variant - that’ll triple your money right there

3 Likes

Yep - that’s the only 1 of the bunch I’m keeping.
I’m waiting for a Downey Jr. Signing by either SWAU or Galaxycon (or other). It’s a 9.8 candidate

5 Likes

Nice haul…

1 Like

I do not usually do well at Yard Sales, one time I did get like 10 copies of the FCBD version of Batman Beyond #1 when they were spiking in price. And then years ago found an Amazing Spider-Man metal round trashcan that had really old Amazing Spider-Man issues in it. Ended up selling them to pay for a semester of college. But other than those two (well really one great score) I never find anything good at yard sales.

3 Likes

Is it a newsstand copy? I have the Downey photo cover in newsstand though it’s got some spine tics.

2 Likes

Gotta check when i get home. Wasnt even aware there is a newsie

Edit : Direct Edition

2 Likes

Craigslist is still an excellent resource. Just ensure you search on both “comic” and “comics” since they bring up different hits.

Thats how antiquated craigslist search still is

2 Likes

Hudson Valley’s close to the city, right? I’m in Adams Center which is about 80 miles north of Syracuse, and about 10 miles from Fort Drum.

2 Likes

It’s in Wappingers, near Poughkeepsie (is the largest city).

If you’d like, DM me and I’ll provide the addy

1 Like

Paid $20 for the lot at an antique sale.
The #6 was $3. :blush:

12 Likes