I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

Hit a show in town today and found a few bargains. Grabbed about 45 books and averaged $1 per. I also missed out on an absolute gold mine of a marketplace sale of 1940s Wonder Woman books. Kicking myself.

Show grab highlights:

IMG_4975

IMG_4974

IMG_4973

7 Likes

I see some heat! Lovely! Sorry you missed out on the FB Marketplace items tho.

record store finds. most were a $1. Batmans were $2-3 expect for the #6, $18 in VFN/NM

love the Popeye book. don’t know much about Crossed except that it was optioned but it looks violent as hell.

this one was cool for $1

9 Likes

Picked up some books from a collection today. Messaged a seller on Facebook that had a short box of Indy books for $125. Drove over because it was by my office. Went through the box of 125 comics and couldn’t really justify the purchase. They said they had four more boxes of comics I could pick through. Ended up pulling 30 comics out of the boxes, some neat stuff, but the most interesting was two early copies of Spoof Comics #1 (Spider-Femme) with cover by Adam Hughes. They sell for $20-25 each. I missed out on getting one recently so was glad I ended up with two. Also got a Fawcet Comics Dennis the Menace #1 from 1969 (near but worthless) and a Golden Age Pine Classics Knighrs of the Round Table #10 (from 1957) and some other cool books.

Hitting Baltimore CC this weekend ?

Nah. Traveling with my son for baseball. He has a tournament. I kinda wish I was going but looks like 1 more year until my return

Want to know something I do every time I visit a Goodwill store? I visit the kid’s book section and I get the Little Golden books that are on the top shelves and put them on the lowest shelf. Let’s help put books our little ones can easily read within reach!

Ok. This PSA is over :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s funny the little things we do that matter to us.

I’m a stickler for saying thank you when someone holds a door open for you. At a restaurant last night, I held the door for 5 people, and only 1 said thank you. I wanted to key their cars.

3 Likes

I have a personal project I’m working on and have been wanting to get off the ground since 2018. I need to start this month. This goes in hand with what are you are mentioning @Joe