I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

I had a nice day yesterday.
These were .50 to .99 cents each.

All these .85 cents each.

The older issues .85, 1.99 for the newer.

Almost a complete set. 1.99 for the comics and 7.99 for the trade.

Last but not least this little gem for… .85 cents.

I did leave an almost complete run of the Star Wars Legacy series by Dark Horse. I got home realized what it was, went back today but it was gone. Oh well.

12 Likes

How does one pick up so many keys then not know enough to let them go for 90cents avg each?

2 Likes

Not sure where this would go but I have a local guy who I buy from occasionally. He contacted me today and of course I bought this immediately. I love a good challenge :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

That is painful to see. Please make it better.

4 Likes

Hah that’s the plan. I’ll post the results when I’m done with it. Won’t be for a week or so as I’ve got some other books that need to be finished up this week

1 Like

I think he’s mostly an avid reader. Very knowledgeable, and mostly just wanted to move things out.

Is it water damaged as well? How much did you get it for if you don’t mind?

No water damage, but def exposed to moisture over the years. It was under a crate in a basement for over 20 years. It’s def beat but it’s complete. Paid $500.

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the after pics.

2 Likes

That would be a ton fun to press and clean! That’s going to look really nice when you get done with it! Does it still have the stamp?

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the potential immediately. Should be very satisfying. It does have the stamp.

2 Likes

Need to check all crates in basements :thinking:

Awesome project can’t wait to see the magic. Heck any good loving to that book will 10000% better than what it is now. :+1:

GL!

2 Likes

Appreciate it! Will def post the results.

Saw all these Moon Girl gn… over 30
$3.29 each…

Passed on them but bought 1 and gave it.to a little girl at the store

5 Likes

I was looking through cookbooks at a Salvation Army store near me and sitting on top of a stack was a Strangers In Paradise Vol. 1 tpb, but it was the Antarctic Press first printing. 3000 print run. I looked around and asked someone who worked there, but they didn’t have any other comics or trades. Not bad for $2! A very welcome addition to my ever-growing Terry Moore collection!

10 Likes

That’s a nice score at $2

Here are the results of the trashed 181 I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Still really low grade but displays a lot better :rofl:

21 Likes

Looks beautiful to me!

3 Likes

I would have liked to clean it up more, but it’s all grease that would only improve slightly with wet cleaning, and this book is too fragile.

2 Likes

Much less painful to look at.

2 Likes