I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Weekend pickups!

8 Likes

My uncle got me a gift card for my birthday so I went to the LCS and picked up WOTR: NAoA and Wolverine Origins 11 for technically no cost to me

2 Likes

Some nice high grade mag goodness, at least 8.0s & up. I know not quite spec and Conan isn’t exactly as popular like he used to be, but these are undervalued IMO, the cover art is top-level and the interiors by legends like BWS, Wrightson are prime examples of excellent draftsmanship.

Savage Tales 2 + 3 + 5 (not sure but this might be the 1st time Conan teams up w/ a Marvel character)

SSWoC 8 + 13

SSWoC 14 + 15

SSWoC 45 + 74 + 102

9 Likes

my favorite character of all time

1 Like

Gi Joe and Conan were two of the first comics I seriously collected.

2 Likes

For anyone that is interested -

A seller on ebay is offering the first print Transformers 3 pack from 1984 right now and still has a little over twenty available. Mine arrived today and I was very satisfied, I already have it sitting in my press and it is either going to be a 9.6 or 9.8 depending on how lunch went at CGC that afternoon.

The seller ( vincetheprince ) is asking $200 but I offered $170 and he took it. Great deal if you are looking for a high grade Transformers #1

6 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out.
I almost bit the bullet as I only have a CGC 9.2
Seems, though, that he removed the offer availability?
And $20 shipping?

So ultimately, I backed out; albeit barely

I just checked his listing. Twenty for shipping is somewhat high, but like I said he took a lesser offer, and if you look where it says quantity and type in some high number you will see where he stands. I typed in 25 and there weren’t enough, it settled at 23. Also the offer button is still available.

I am positive this will be a 9.6 or 9.8 so a grand total of $200 was worth it to me.

EDIT - Apparently somebody bought the remaining 23 copies. It is now out of stock.

1 Like

CHU affect.

1 Like

Found some flippable books at a shop while out of town this past weekend

I sold my 3 sets last week so I was happy and surprised to find another set. Probably won’t get as much as my other sets since the news isn’t fresh and eBay seems flooded, so I may just keep em for the PC for now.

Another Atrocitus for the DC spec box

Sectaurs is a potential 9.8 and I got the Invaders 8 bec it sells well. They graded it FN/VF but will be NMish after a press.

3 Likes

Picked up nice copies of the 2nd & 3rd appearance of Jonah Hex over the weekend. All Star #11 is also his first cover appearance.

9 Likes

$5 bin bangers

12 Likes

This was a great find. One of those “glad I do my homework” types of digs. Local shop had a back stock/warehouse sale. Everything was $2 a book.
I couldn’t get there right when it started so I wasn’t overly optimistic about potential finds. When I arrived, plenty of folks digging, but there were a few boxes of kid stuff, Disney books that folks all ignored.
These gems were in there. What’s really surprising is how nice they are. Other than the .10 center…like 9.8 potential. Issue #295 especially and it’s the biggie of the lot to boot.
Definitely books you don’t see often. I love that there is history associated with them also (regardless of your stance).
If not aware…just Google “banned Uncle Scrooge”.

It’s just always exciting when the watching, learning, listening to stuff about comics like we all do here with each other really pays off.

13 Likes

IMG_5983

When about to leave my LCS empty handed today, saw a box of Disney comics…I was bored so I thought why not look.

This book has listings of $70 and up, but no recent sales on eBay. It’s one if the “banned” books (not to be reprinted), so I’ll just see what I can get. List it below the others and with a best offer and see what happens.

Worst case I donated $14 to my LCS today.

Edit: damn…I waited until now to post it…one sold a few hours ago!

3 Likes

@D-Rog That’s awesome and I’m so glad you found that one. It’s funny as that was the only one I couldn’t find that day and was specifically trying to. I did go back the next day and scooped up some more great books though.
These are two others to add to your list should you come across Disney again!!! #309 and #319

3 Likes

People don’t understand how, “Banned,” is different from, “Not going to be reprinted.” No shade at the users here for getting a profit off that, tho!

2 Likes

I did not put “banned” into my listing, as technically it is not.

Haven’t had time to go hunting lately but was free today so I went to do a little bit of digging. Purpose today was to pick up the Artgerm White Bunny foil cover and to look for her first appearance and cover in Batman : Dark Knight. My lcs was sold out of the foil so had to look around. Love White Bunny so just had to have her first appearance and cover for my pc. Feels good when you go out hunting and find exactly what you were looking for at cover price too. Was surprised to find a few recent hot books like Kidpool and Helverine still available at cover price hehe. Helverine has popped a bit selling at $15 this week. Also picked up Star Wars Force Awakens 1, lots of firsts in there for $3.

6 Likes

$35
venoms, spawn, punisher, and silvey are all high grade, other are mostly decent

7 Likes

Thats a good buy

1 Like