I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

I will post the one I need help with later. Looks like it is an action figure reprint pack in comic. But not sure.

I’ll bet it’s one of these.

There were 10 Transformers Generations Delixe Action Figures Comics that were inserted with figures in 2013-2014. I think there are a couple that bring money but most are $10 range.

It’s this one.

Here is the regular variant. It is similar but different

I can’t tell what it is. Is it an insert, or an actual comic? Looks smaller than standard comic size.

Target 2006 was a story that ran in the UK comic right around the time when the movie came out in e summer of 1986. It’s been reprinted by IDW, but usually in regular comic size issues or TPB. This looks unfamiliar to me….I’m not sure what “toy” the book would be paired with, but my guess is one of the group of TF’d called “The Wreckers”, which I think Springer (green helicopter triple changer) was a foundational by member).

I can look into whether any of the wreckers has toys with comics.

My other thought is it may be a cover-less copy of issue 3.

I’ll look at my LCS to see if there’s any issues from this series and see what the inside cover looks like.

It looks like it’s missing the cover.

That’s my guess and leading candidate. The cover of the Target 2006 books look like they are copies of interior pages of the UK issues. So maybe issue 3 cover/first page are the same.

It had these instructions inserted.

No character name with the instructions?

Chances are some kid just used them as a bookmark, though. May not otherwise be related.

I have your answer courtesy of U1tramaximus. Once I showed him the Ratbat manual, he shared this.

It’s packed in a Target exclusive figure pack.

3 Likes

Wow. Good sleuthing!

2 Likes

Well there you go. Thank you.

1 Like

Found these in the bacc issue bin a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Away for work and popped into a local comic store, I have been looking for this Lady Mechanika 2nd print for ages. Picked up the She-Hulk to flip and pay for the other 2 books.

8 Likes

When one book pays for the rest of what you bought you’re doing it right!

1 Like

So, yes, I’m contradicting what I just said about shying away from modern comics, but…
I was at a shop who knew my “particular skills” (that all of us here have) relative to digging for keys.
They had a couple new collections and didn’t have time or staff to get through them.
Told me they would take good care of me if I scanned them for the shop & I could take anything I wanted.
This is what I took for myself and they gave them to me for $50 which was fair.
Wasn’t a ton of books, I actually enjoy going through collections & was about an hour of my time. Felt it was fair and some of these issues you definitely don’t see too often.
Feel free to laugh at me for that El Muerto book. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like your assortment!

2 Likes

A few more fun grabs this weekend that did stick to my collection plan.
I love the Phantom Stranger books and this is one of the best imo.

9 Likes

My LCS must have purchased a bronze/copper age collection recently, as I’m finding some decent books I haven’t seen in the bins for a while, particularly popular titles from the 70s/80s.

Heres a few I picked up the other day. ASM Mcfarlane issues. I grabbed a few newsstands in high grade I didn’t already have.

The fantasy masterpieces 4 I always grab if I find it in decent shape for a fair price.

8 Likes