I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

I liked Igor Kordey art in that Black Widow run.

That face on #2 though

Hit up a couple small local shows over the weekend and found some fun stuff.
In all, I filled a short box and it was no more than $160. Most are in 9.2+, $1-$3 each book.

Some highlights!

Moon Knight ($5) and Thing ($6 ea @ 50% off) were the most expensive issues $5-6 each

All Spawns were a little beat (6-7.5 range) but for $1? Sure

Not a bad weekend haul! You can still find good stuff if ya dig! Happy hunting!

10 Likes

I love seeing what you all find. I look for John Wick books every shop I hit up, and I’ve never seen one out in the wild.

2 Likes

Some great finds! Absolutely LOVE that Annihilation cover.

1 Like

If you ever find yourself in the Cambridge, MA area head a little north to Somerville (Davis Square).

There’s a place called Comicazi Comics. Has a decent back issue bin, lots of vintage toys and cards. And a back room with raw bronze and silver age comics in long boxes.

I didn’t have much time to search through. I did find this nice 9.8 candidate of a cool Destro/Storm Shadow cover.

6 Likes

Yellow cover goodness.

1 Like

a lot of those early Joe books with covers by Mike Zeck are under appreciated. love that run

3 Likes

i wouldn’t go as far as calling myself a “Zekkie” but i do love his work

star wars 68, asm 121, …

Picked these up today for $5 ea.

Alien Legion wasn’t as high grade as I had hoped (scuffs on the back cover). Probably VF/NM to NM- at best. But will see if I can move it.

4 Likes
11 Likes

This was sitting pretty in a $1 bin, 9.8 candidate. i was surprised i found it but everyone’s chasing the #1. anyone know what the print runs are on these ?

popped into a record store who had a few $1 comic bins. #441 NS was a sweet find. 7.5-8 but w/ a press/clean should be a nice bump if i ever slab it. others were high grade except for the 377, VG but it was $1.

8 Likes

Got a gift card to my LCS, and they had a Buy 1-Get 1 free sale so I took the opportunity to double up.

9 Likes

Nice Old Man Logan debut!

Had to share a great score from comic book store.

It’s a store I’ve been to a few times before. Going out of business sale. Unless marked, everything was $3.00 each. Ended up spending $44!

comic score

Included in this haul was the following:
-ALF #48 Controversial seal cover
-2 copies of Incredible Hulk 377 (3rd printing)
-Kid 'N Play #9
-Freddy’s Dead 3-D (no glasses)
-Blade 1 (1994)
-Incredible Hulk 330 (2 copies)

Gonna keep one of the Incredible Hulk 377 because I collect this run by Peter David (I consider it the best long series done on the Green Goliath).

Thanks.

14 Likes

Wow. Nice pickups!

2 Likes

Congrats !

1 Like

Great grabs.

i probably paid market value for vader and hulk but i got the batman 6 from an lcs a few months ago for about 6 bucks so im happy with this outcome

and if you’re thinking, “but isn’t this the same user who is constantly railing against cgc’s incompetence and their damaging impact on the hobby and the marketplace?”, you are correct. my defense? money.

3 Likes