I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Yeah, I went back to some of the same shops today and they restocked. The 2 shops I know put out a few on the shelf and when they’re empty they restock from the back room. Went to the shop today after my con and there it was sitting on the shelf.

A funny banter I had at a shop. I’m pretty friendly with one of the old timer employee there and when he sees me he knows something is up. I saw that the shelf was empty of Ultimate Spiderman, however I saw that there was 2 copies of cover A sitting at the front door window display. I asked the employee if I could get it and he said of course. He saw the Ultimate Spiderman and he was like “wha–?”
He said he’s been getting calls all day for it and he told them it was all sold out. He had forgotten that he was the one who put out some copies at the window display at the front of the store.
He poked me in the stomach with his elbow and said congratulations you sneaky devil. Then went on to ask me what’s up with the title as people all day was calling about it. I told him and we had a laugh.

3 Likes

That’s a good owner that he didn’t try to then say, “Well, if it’s popular I’m gonna check what it is going for on eBay!”

2 Likes

Seems like @SpicyWasabi has a few shops like that around seeing how many copies he scored this weekend.

My shops had 3 copies at most on the shelf before it got hot.

1 Like

The economy around me has drastically altered the landscape of comic availability in cases like this.

Very few copies of books to begin with. Even something like this #1 issue. Shops are really focusing on preorders/pulls & limiting the wall copies. For me, being savvy with FOC & listening to all of you/recommendations will be pretty critical going forward.

I like the shops that don’t get snarky if you are one up on a book that is getting some heat.

1 Like

That’s how my local shops are now. I don’t see more than one issue on the racks unless it’s a #1. Sometimes there are none even for books like Batman. Definitely no variants or second prints.

Horror Haul!
Finally got around to taking some pics.
Nothing crazy, just love the covers. FN/VFN across the board give or take a few.

12 Likes

Nice, I love them. I have many of them myself.

1 Like

Shop I don’t frequent often…tons of books there but it’s one where you need your thinking cap as anything hot, in the media, etc is pulled.
Took some work but was happy with these.
Love finding Stevens books in the wild.
I found quite a few other mid grade bronze horror as well (not pictured). The good thing about bronze horror is that while it has gotten hot with collectors…there is so much of it, and it’s been viewed as junk for so long that you can almost always find something.

I’m not a big Frison fan (but certainly respect her talent). These books were pretty early books of hers. Easy flips when I do another show someday.

7 Likes

30% off with 9.8 potential (except WW)

12 Likes

Whew…I know there has been a slew of recent modern spec, but I’m trying to stick to the plan of older stuff.

10 Likes

Love that 20000 leagues.
Classic dell shows and movies and disney in high grade is my gig

1 Like

I wish the 20k Leagues book would have had the giant squid on the cover.

Weird format on that comic…the story/panels were all the way to back cover. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that (where the back cover is the last page?
Still love it…fun memories to collect.

1 Like

I passed on these. Issue 1s were marked $10. Issue 2 was cover.

1 Like

If issue 1 had been cover that would be a good pickup. 10 smackers tho?

Here’s another book I passed on. Kabuki Color Special #1 commemorative edition (1 of 500). Although MCS lists as 1:2000, unsigned.

Could not find a copy listed or sold on eBay to know if $20 was a good price.

1 Like

Depends on how bad you want a David Mack signed copy of Kabuki. Mack is actually a really nice guy and I do like his work, it just does not have a high demand any more.

1 Like

And Mack now charges $30 for his autograph.
I guess he’s a rock star now :man_shrugging:
So $20 for a Mack signed comic is seemingly a good deal based on his “today’s signature” prices

2 Likes

I actually think his artwork is great. Loved his run on Daredevil. He has a style all his own.

If I get his signature on a book for the PC I’d rather do it in person.

It looks to be just a 2000 copy book, just that 500 were signed at a specific time/location.

1 Like

I always like to get signatures in person too.

2 Likes