I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Few pick ups…while I did veer off course, I couldn’t pass up the Underworld or Metal Gear as they were both cheap and in beautiful shape.

I’m crazy behind in posting pick ups…I need to catch up.

9 Likes

Good choice with the metal gear. Could never find these in the wild, it’s just waiting to pop.

I have the Metal Gear Tpb

That Super Villain Team Up #5 is a NICE PICKUP even though you got it last year, you got it at the right time… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love Metal Gear games and Ashley Wood artwork. Great stuff.

1 Like

Came across a shop today. Picked these up in the limited amount of time I had (about an hour). Probably got through about 20% of what they had…I want to go back and rummage through about 20 long boxes of $1 books. I feel like there may be some good finds.

$2 Dave Stevens covers.

This ASM 310 looks really nice…a possible upgrade for my PC copy for $5. I don’t have a Spawn/Batman #1, so $4 seemed like a good deal for a book that had very little wear.

Hard to pass up a pre-200 Batman comic for $2. This book reprints first Mr. Freeze and Calander Man. It’s in poor condition but at least still has its cover (stapled on).

5 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I would buy that Batman all day for anything under $10

1 Like

I think they had a number of 12/15 cent Batman’s and Detective Comics for under $10. Probably in the 4.0 grade range, not any keys…but I need to go back and grab a few for the PC and look for any more Dave Stevens art as that’s what’s hot right now.

Went back today to search the rest of the boxes…I pulled out about 10-12 books, but put most back after looking up current prices.

Ended up choosing these. Spawn #6 newsstand for $1 (couple first app’s). Suicide Squad 48 is a killing joke tie-in and sells for $15-$25 (picked up for $3). But the best find was Mr. Monster #2, Dave Stevens cover art for $3…a $20+ book depending on grade. These I should be able to easily flip for quick profit.

They had an x-men 239 newsstand for $11, but probably was a Vf/nm grade…tempting but passed. I picked up some other new releases too so was trying to keep my expenses down.

3 Likes

I have that issue if Mr. Monster. It’s a hidden gem. Or at least used to be. I loved Mr Monster as a kid.

1 Like

I also love that Mr. Monster book. What I love is that is sort of highlights Stevens abilities outside of drawing the cheesecake stuff. Sure, everyone loves the pin up girl books he’s created, but there are very few other covers that allow us to see how good he was. A ton of cool things going on in that cover. I personally love scary/horror type covers with kids cowering (hence my love of bronze age horror books) and because of that I had always picked this up when I saw it.

Awesome finds! I wasn’t aware of the suicide squad book…it’s now on my list to look for. Love this hobby (99% of the time).

1 Like

You’ll also want to grab issue 49 as it’s a 2 parter.

1 Like

How about this for an eclectic mix of comics? :grin:
One of my own little honey holes was kind to me. I had to do a lot of digging/lifting & darn near crawling but it paid off.

Most excited about the Bambi…1942. First page even has a big line relative to buying war bonds. All in all… it’s a nice copy imo.

The House of Mystery is a Wrightson cover.

15 Likes

That Action Comics cover is outrageous :grin:

3 Likes

Very nice pickups!!

1 Like

That 1st Bambi is incredible.
Why? - oh just one of the most classic disney characters and stories for 80 years running
Why would anyone want that :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Seriously - great pick up. I have one myself from quite long ago when everyone was buying MCU hype stuff

2 Likes

I’m a Hellboy fan, so I’m excited to finally have this book in the collection. It’s not flawless, but I’m really happy with it. I grabbed about 20 books at a small con/show this weekend, but this was the clear winner.

11 Likes

Oh, and a much smaller purchase, but another I really love. I got this book (novel format) as a kid and have had it forever. Probably over 40 years. I found a gorgeous copy of the comic in a $2 bin this weekend. They look good together. They had issues 1-2 as well, and now I regret not grabbing those too. But this cover is killer.

8 Likes

I have both of these. The Batman comic I got as a kid years and years ago.

1 Like