I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Those little digests are fun!

$1 Bin finds.

I’ll grab AF15 reprints for a $1 every day of the week. Easy $20.

Going to throw in the ASM1 reprints (part 1 & 2) as well and try for $30.

I’ll also grab milestone editions for $1 as I’m going to sell a few in lots of 3 or 4 if I have the facsimile editions or another reprint.

9 Likes

very pamela-esque

Issue 1 is clearly Pamela, #2 is just some blonde stripper he took a photo of

1 Like

I remember getting those Marvel Milestone reprints for Christmas when I was a kid. I think JC Penny was selling them.

1 Like

Shop had a sale. Got this Poison Ivy #2 Jenny Frison 1:100 for $47. Always wanted this.

10 Likes

Me like … shiny…

1 Like

I found a first issue of Avengelyne at Vintage Stock today. Randomly mixed into the back issues it was there, looking at Near-Mint.

2 Likes

Found another Dave Stevens cover. $20.

12 Likes

Tentacle bondage cover. Definitely adding that to the want list. I only have the Airboy by Stevens. Thanks for showing :slight_smile:

some fun finds at a local show

Stevens is certainly hot these days. Aside from trying to find his well known covers, i found one i never saw before and doesnt seem too common. the ASM 51 has a detached cover but for $5 2nd Kingpin, 1st cover… yup. the Ultimate spider-man is a Kaybee Toys variant thats hard to find as well.

6 Likes

About 2 years ago I was at a local con and there was this one booth where the dealer was a lifelong Dave Stevens collector. The entire booth was nothing but Dave Stevens comics, he must’ve wanted to sell his collection, doh.

Everything you wanted was there, Planet Comics 1 etc. Prices that would make you scream now.

4 Likes

Knew I had this somewhere in my boxes

9 Likes

Remember how hot Star Wars comics were in 2020? That’s Dave Stevens covers 2024.

3 Likes

Good job and thay Spidey #1 book. Been looking for a nice copy for my son. And for $10 say whaaaaaaaa :melting_face:

2 Likes

Found this at a show, not a comic shop. It’s art by Dave Stevens, however, so I figured I’d post it here. Cost me $5, maybe 7.0 condition. I’m happy.

10 Likes

I’ve sold my two copies in about that condition for $30 & $40 this past week (paid $2/ea).

1 Like

Decided to check out a shop that I had not visited in a while. They only have back issues (nothing modern).

Nothing really exciting here. Spawn books I’ve had on my list for a while - first covers for Violator and Sam & Twitch. $3 ea.

The FF’s were loose in $1 bins. They’re mid to lower grade, but still “keys” (first Herbie, Galactus cover & first Terrax). The 209 is signed by Joe Sinnott!! These are Direct copies too, which actually had much less printed (yu can tell by the lining out of the bar code and the diamond around the price/issue # for diamond distributors).

And 50 year old Superman comic for $1…hard to pass up. Rounded up my total to $10 and I can always hand it off to a kid.

3 Likes

Actually didn’t get a ton of books and nothing too crazy.
These were decent $1 bin books though and they were all in beautiful condition.
The Iceman is the first Skottie Young interiors on a book & the Mystic is a first “unofficial” Harry Potter just from an “interesting to have” perspective.

I posted about my big swing & a miss on some old variants in another thread, but here are a few more I did grab that are cool.

Regards & I hope your FCBD went well

3 Likes