I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Found these at a local shop which seemed to not really care about magazines as they were just all thrown in a box off in a corner. Luckily these were not only a fantastic price, but in fantastic condition as well. They even had a 25% off sale as a bonus.

13 Likes

Comic shop 45 minutes away I have never went to before, bought 96 total issues today. Most were cover price or $.25 above cover like an old school shop to cover cost of bags. Only looked over 5% - 10% of the back issues at max so more going back! $13 for all 4 Sam & Max in great shape!

5 Likes

Since the Electra book was less than cover and the other books cover or $.05 above worked out less than cover for all 4. A good Scarface photo cover for cover price is a no brainer.

2 Likes

I have the Sam and Max books. I wanted to name my second son Sam or Max (we went with Sam)

All books in very high grade today.

2 Likes

New Avengers score!

4 Likes

A book that you definitely don’t see often. (And not for $3 if you do).

8 Likes

I really enjoy the Elephantmen series.

1 Like

LCS has a fathers’ day sale of 75% off all new (unbagged/boarded) books. Grabbed a big stack of run fillers, but found a few recently warm books. I was shocked to see the GR 17 books. Essentially $1 each.

I buy any “new champion” variant I find in dollar boxes.

8 Likes

Went to a new shop that I’ve never been to before. It’s about 30-40 minutes away on another part of town. Don’t know why I’ve never been there before despite living here so long. They got a great assortment of backstock but it was just sorted A-Z in no particular order. So you will find some golden age books mixed in with recent moderns. I will have to go back and do some more digging.

Found another copy of Afterlife with Archie lingerie variant $4. Then I see a pack of Airboy comics, inside were issues 1 to 5 for $10. Saw the front cover and was hoping issue 5 Dave Stevens was included. Didn’t need to check as it was displayed nicely on the back of the pack. Very nice copy looks like a 9.4-9.6 too, will do a little press and see what happens. With CGC’s new grading standard it’s got a chance at a 9.8 :clown_face:

Call it a good day when I can find a hot Dave Stevens book for about $2. They’re still out there.

4 Likes

Some, “Tasty,” cheesecake covers!

1 Like

Been very lucky to find the first two issues of the 1995 magazine style Tank Girl comics in a local charity shop today. Have to admit I lost touch with the series a while back, so this should give me the impetus to start reading it again.

7 Likes

Nice grab. Also welcome aboard.

Thank you on both counts. And I’m really lucky to live in London, there’s a number of Oxfam Book Shops which often get in really great series, and my only problem is that my bank balance refuses to let me buy more of them! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love Half Price Books when it comes through. I found, “Something is Killing the Children,” 1 Cover A and the Frison variant for $2 each. Cover A had one little spine tic and the Frison cover was perfect. You know I already sold them for a nice bit of scratch…

6 Likes

My wife just came back today from taking my oldest (16) to Standord University for his summer sessions (Thank you Father-in-law for letting us borrow the $ cuz bank insterest where off the roof). She stopped by a LCS up there and got me these books. They look in F-VF condition. Just glad to find them cheap and add them to my PC.

Note: Funny thing, I am drawing a Skinwalker eating a deer lol.

8 Likes

That’s a 9.8 all day at CGC

1 Like

$2 pick ups

14 Likes

12/15 cent Hulks and FFs…always a must at $2.

And doom/galactus covers to boot!

1 Like

Pretty much any Marvel or DC 12/15 cent cover I will pick up if cheap.