I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Okay, but how? HOW?

I have a local shop that buys collections. Pulls the best books out and sells them. They then put the rest out cheap to blow out. They don’t want to sit on the books. They make money off every collection they purchase and move on to the next. They had some really good books they pulled out and had at market price. They contact me and tell me what they have and I get to select before they go out. I had about 5 of the books pulled for me. Grabbed some of the FF books and Nick Fury books out of the boxes when I got there.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking for this Scarlet Witch book in the wild forever. Finally found it (for cover price). One of my favorite covers.

These were all cover price too.

And a few dollar books.

14 Likes

Aja killed it on every single one of those covers.

3 Likes

This was the last one I needed to finish the run. But, I’m afraid to read it. It can’t possibly live up to the bar set by the covers. They are A+++.

1 Like

Get Marvel Unlimited. You get basically the entire universe with a delay on new issues.

1 Like

I recall enjoying the series.

Damn! I have 6 as a poster from Mondo. I have been on the hunt for # 6 8 and 10 for a while now

Chris Bachalo was at nearby shop, got his signature on his arguably greatest cover:

5 Likes

One of my favorite covers ever.

A few recent pick ups. Funny/perfect timing. The Creature Commando hype and books had died back down & I grabbed the 1st Doc Phosphorus very cheap last weekend. Then the trailer hit yesterday. Not that it will ever become crazy anyway but I actually really like the Creature Commandos & those characters anyway.
Fun comics.

8 Likes

It’s all about horror these days. Ride that high grade horror wave until that, too, subsides.
Great pick ups!

2 Likes

Not an overly exciting day, in the office today, and went to hit my one little honey hole which is good for saving me the thank you variants and one per store variants. Here is what I came home with for $6

3 Likes

Apparently, Power Fantasy has what they are calling a chase variant as well as that Thank-you version, slightly different cover than Cover A.

1 Like

I heard LCS’s may have received ashcans for Gargoyles of Gotham 3 and Absolute Batman 1 this week. Not sure if anyone can confirm that. I didn’t see any.

Haven’t seen either.

I can confirm it, a nearby store that puts everything online had three different ashcans, Gargoyles of Gotham 3, Absolute Batman 1 and Exorcism at 1600 Penn.

I saw exorcism. Not the others tho.

Exorcism at 1600 Penn sounds like my kind of book.

Called some of my local shops. Some got the Batman ashcans, some did not. Maybe depends on if they are Lunar or Diamond for their DC?