I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Selling it or is it heading for the pc?

Sold. Heading to someone else’s PC now!

1 Like

When you get 1 per store variants or the very limited 2 per store variants for cover price, you sell those suckers for sure and never look back with regrets. You’ll almost always make out for the long term.

1 Like

I’m lucky to have a few shops within My commute to/from work that just throw them in the shelves for cover.

I’ve acquired all but one of the MMPR/TMNT thank you variants, Issue #1 of the Dark Crystal one per store, Negan Returns, Absolute Carnage #1 and a few others.

Sold all but I he Dark Crystal as I’ve been a fan of that franchise since the Henson movie came out on HBO.

And yes, I agree…sell them unless they’re for the PC. Rarely do they hold value…not sure any have.

Only 6 issues (series) hit my LCS today. So didn’t pick up anything.

Hey look…first Punchline!

Grabbed these today for maybe a future flip. I believe these are 1:30 variants. Paid $35 for the set. Both NM or better.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen that red cover. It’s wicked. :+1:

I found a few beauties today at a toy store that had some comic bins tucked away in the back.

I paid $20 CDN ($15 US) for the Mayhem book. 1st appearance of The Mask. It’s in really nice shape. And I paid $2 for the Heir to the Empire #1. :+1:

5 Likes

Stopped by one of my area shops to see if I could find anymore Ravencroft Carnage or Venom 2099. Struck out, but they had a section of bagged “sets” & I found these beauties sold in a set for $35. All are VF/NM. All are 1st prints but #2 which is a 2nd. As they skyrocketed this last week I was lucky to happen upon them.
Now to find those Heavy Metals! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I was doing a comic table at the local auction house about a decade ago someone gave me two short boxes of Alien and Predator comics for free it’s got damn near every key maybe every Dark Horse Alien book made.

3 Likes

Well…as you all know…I’ve been back & forth on this book. When my main shop got it in on release they had it at $99 & I passed.
I ventured back to the shop today for something else & noticed it was still up in the corner of their wall books at the same $99.
So…I had to pull the trigger (plus got my store discount so out the door for $89).
It is actually more striking in person which helped.
May end up regretting it…but taking everything in perspective, it does have some good things going for it

It’s going for over $150 now, so if you regret it, flip it!

Is it in 9.8 shape? I worry about marvel 1:25 incentives as you get what you get sometimes if you pre-order, can’t be picking through a stack…and Marvel books just seem to come with staple rubs, binding tears and spine ticks more often than not these days.

1 Like

Looks absolutely perfect. I finally decided to send a few books off to be pressed/graded & I think I’ll just add this on to the mix. I’m horrible at procrastinating with grading books, but I have 2 Venom #3 9.8 canditates & I think it’s just silly to not grade em at this point (prior to December).

Oh…on that variant note…you are dead on. I had a stunning Ramos Spidey #4 Silk variant. Some rubbing on back cover dropped it to a 9.2. Easily a 9.8 otherwise. Rolled the dice hoping the grader would be generous lol. Such a shame.

Unless Black Winter gets killed off quickly you did real good if you decide to flip. If it is for the pc then the price doesn’t really matter if you like it.

I’m surprised. Usually printing errors don’t bring down the grade that much or shouldn’t according to CGC themselves. Was there a light bend or two that was hard to see?.

Hey I’m glad you got it, I felt bad telling you not to since it’s doing so well.

1 Like

I picked this up today for sh!ts and giggles. Gonna add 'er to the girlie covers PC box. Love the red background.

1 Like

My LCS had a buy 3 get 1 free new issues. SomI grabbed these. Surprised not see a Momoko cover in 9.8 shape on the rack, and the secret 1/store variant of Empyre #1 was still there today too. Grabbed the best copy of Death Metal #2 on the rack and then had to decide what my free comic was. Went with a clean copy of Catwoman 23 cover A (first app and cover app of a new character) for spec. Why not, it’s free!

In fact, after flipping the Crow And/or Empyre #1 maybe the entire purchase will be free!