I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Hit an LCS warehouse sale today. Super fun. All books were 25 cents. Came home with about 140 books. Some highlights:

The Judgment Day books were free, of course. They had a TON, so I just grabbed a stack. I could have filled a long box pretty easily. Stopping at 140 was me showing restraint. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice score!! I never ever see that Witchblade #161 cheap like that.

I need to track down a copy of that Witchblade 161. That’s an all-timer cover in my book.

1 Like

Goodness, you can’t buy anything for a quarter these days! Great stuff!

There’s a comic shop near me that I never get to go to (limited hours that fall during my work day). Lots of great stuff there, great prices. It’s pretty close to another comic shop that is open more, lots of advertising, gets a lot more attention, so this place gets a bit overlooked. A nice hidden gem. I found myself with an early day from work and decided to pop by. Found these 4 Marvel Essentials for $15 a piece. Great additions to my library!

2 Likes

Some darn good reading there.
Not like most of the “dope”, “sick” foil cover; amalgam sh*tty soap opera stories of today.

2 Likes

I’ll agree with you there. I’ve never been able to specifically point out what changed in comic storytelling and when it happened, but some crucial part has been lost along the way from then to now.

I really like these Essential books. Massive amounts of content on dogshit paper with no extras; seems fitting for the age of the stories. A great, cheap way to get a lot of books that are financially out of reach for most, but still have the charm of the originals

1 Like

Essentials are fun to read!

2 Likes

Did a quick 15 minute dig while I was waiting for the train, had no idea Turner did a cover for Devil May Cry, had to grab that, sadly they didn’t have the 2nd issue but at least I got another Turner for the collection.

3 Likes

I’m a huge Michael Turner fan and was unaware of this book. Added to my list.

Devil May Cry is such an awesome game. Loved playing it on the ps2

1 Like

Freaking hard game tho. Fun but difficult.

Got lucky. Both of these are so tough to find. This Blip 1 might be the highest grade I’ve ever found. My other copies are graded 8.5 and 9.2.

7 Likes

Been slow lately, but found a few
books for under $6. Couple Loki season 2
spec and first Vampire/werewolf by night meeting…because someday that will be a hot book for about 6 seconds…

4 Likes

Snagged this silver age DC key issue. Psycho Pirate is severely underrated and underappreciated. It was grear to see him used in Death Metal and the recent Arkham Tower arc in Tec.

7 Likes

I’ve always found Psycho Pirate interesting. The fact he remembers all the earlier Universes that get changed would drive anyone mad.

2 Likes

I get 10% off all books due to having a pull list so paid less than sticker. Silver Age Marvel horor for around $4 a book along with the Lando set for under $6. First Canto series was great so finally reading the 2nd series.

5 Likes

Saw the Paradise Too! at $10 for the 1st 14 issues last week and didnt pick it up, went back for it today and couldn’t pass Tec 880 with 10% off for pull list customers.

6 Likes

Tec 880 is a must. Work of art

Stopped at a new shop today I had no idea was there. Had tons of back issues, but we’re still organizing and had not priced anything. A lot of keys raw. I only had about an hour to look through.

The Milestone I grabbed at another shop. Been looking to grab Spotlight 5 reprint for a while. Excited to find it for $5.

Will head back when I have more free time.

7 Likes