I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

love the Vampi mags!

Same. 8 is the lowest number I have found in the wild yet.

Tarot is a fun and silly series. I have a random print of her by Balent that is signed and numbered I need to sell. It’s topless tho so that can be a pain on most sites that have cut down on anything raunchy.

Just pop something on those nips and you’ll be fine. Strange people are okay with male nipples being shown but not females.

Those people are definitely strange. :100:

1 Like

Nice haul! I have a feeling the Contest of Champions is going to be pretty big sooner than later.

4 Likes

Those bronze age horror comics and mags are so much fun to read!

Visited a shop yesterday that I haven’t been to before, and as I was about to leave a new collection walked in. Got the Batman and Swamp Things out of that and the rest were from bin diving. Took home a pretty nice haul!

The Dragon Ball Z really surprised me when I looked it up, and it was in their $5 box. It’s not listed on key collector but the two copies on eBay are asking a pretty penny. If any dragon ball fans see this, pls let me know if you know the significance of this book.

7 Likes

Is that dragonball a 1st ?

I don’t think so. This copy previews the US version of the 1985 Manga series, the 1st issue of which came out April 1998. There is a different Dragon Ball Z #1 from March 1998, but as my issue is a preview of the April '98 series, my guess is that it came out on or before March 1998, making it tied or winning for 1st US adaptation/series.

Key collector lists 1st Goku as weekly shonen jump 838.

1 Like

Ahhh yes… i see the preview. Much better. The challenges of looking on a phone!

Wow. Those Swamp Thing 37s are glorious. I’m in the market for a copy, so if you’re interested in moving one, message me.

2 Likes

Such beautiful Swamp Thing issues with good ol’ Constantine.

So do you just offer the guy bringing in the new collection more than the shop? Or do you look over their shoulders and wait for the shop owner to finish haggling then quickly grab the books before they price them for the back wall?

1 Like

The owner and some workers brought in several new boxes that came from a collection they recently purchased. The books were already priced but I made a stack and made an offer for everything. We negotiated a bit and came to a deal. If I left those books they’d be gone within a day. They were undergraded and underpriced. Def didn’t want them hitting the wall.

4 Likes

Did some more LBL, nothing crazy but not bad for another Benjamin. Most are in VFN/VFN+ range, some were better.

The All-Star Squadron was surprising, didnt know it had value. The Tomahawk is a Neal Adams cover and the Our Army issue has a cool Joe Kubert Death cover, neat.

The ACG and Charltons were midgrade but really dug the covers - robots, dinos, dragons oh my…

8 Likes

$10. Just sitting in a back issue bin.

9 Likes

I got McFarlanes whole run on All Star Squadron from a collection bought by an LCS for $3-$4 per. I also nabbed an Iron Fist #14 from that same collection. It graded out at 9.8. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

5 Likes

What is the significance of this issue?

Classic John Byrne cover. It’s the start of a popular (strange) story arc.

I noticed it in this week’s covrprice top 20, just happened to find a nice copy at the LCS.

Love how the red background accentuates the art.

Hard to find red covers like this anywhere n NM condition.

3 Likes