I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Could be I have to check.

Thanks it was late when I responded and my brain was off for the night. Couldn’t think of her name.

1 Like

I just figured most knew…it’s been in a few various spec articles recently. But hasn’t gained any legs.

For cover I’ll pick it up though. Both books were cover price.

The web warriors seems to be a $15-$20 book on a good day. But that’s not why I picked it up. I just like the cover.

Bookstore had a 50% off back issues sale. Found a few fun things, including the Death mini, all signed by Gaiman.

Paid 1/2 the prices on the books.

I just dig old Man Thing covers:

Super clean copy of ASM 289:

3 Likes

Snagged this tonight during a sale at my LCS!

8 Likes

Have not seen these in the wild before. Ambassador Exclusive cover. Usually limited to one or two per store.

6 Likes

I am a fan of the series so happy to get it, they look like they go for $12-14.

Couldn’t find much online about this book. I think it’s a 1:25 variant. If so I can’t imagine it’s plentiful.

Figured might be a sought after book as GotG 3 gets closer.

Paid cover price. Been sitting on the shelf all this time too. So it’s not NM…VF/NM to NM-.

1 Like

I think it was an animal variant trend marvel did that month. I have an all-new ghost Rider #1 animal variant (flaming skull hamster riding a hamster wheel) that came out around the same time.

First Robbie Reyes.

b49826a0f3098dea8978f89694b307e5-300

4 Likes

I was really excited about these book/finds. The place was more of a toy store than comic centered place but they still had about 30 long boxes of unsorted, completely random books.
Wife was shopping so I had to buckle in for the dirty dig. I wasn’t initially optimistic after rows of Warriors of Plasm, Ultraverse, etc, etc.
You ever feel almost proud of yourself after a good dig? Where your brain is in over drive trying to recall keys?Also a bit thankful to fellow collectors, forums like this that expand your knowledge. It was very clear these boxes had been searched extensively and yet, I still found these! Most excited about the Last Unicorn stuff. Love that story and the art is beautiful.
Anyway…Best partvI didn’t mention…$1 a comic! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That Last Unicorn series I look for all the time.
Good finds for real

1 Like

Stopped by a LCS today that I dont go to. They had a great selection of early Frank Miller DD books. Got a few of them. They had a 9.8 CGC SS Spawn 174 for $2K. They also had a Batman 423 CGC 9.0. But after the Spawn price, I didnt bother asking lol.

First books I bought this year.

One of the big highlights was they had a Strangers In Paradise #1 for $575. They also had #2 and #3. If I had the extra $, I would of probably bought it.

3 Likes

Hit up the Midtown Comics outlet this past weekend. They had 25% off all wall books but prices were still too high. Got these out of bins though.

8 Likes

I own a beater copy, but I’ve still never seen a Strangers In Paradise 1 in the wild. That must have been cool to stumble across. I love Terry Moores work!

3 Likes

I used to own one years ago. Sold it and Stray Bullets #1 to a local tattoo shop that was looking for them. I wish I had kept them.

Been waiting for an inexpensive copy of this David Aja cover to show up. Had a few deadbeat sellers. But finally came across a copy at an LCS. $4 and it’s in NM shape too!

Pairs great with my Star Trek #1 Aja cover…

6 Likes

Beauties. Aja is my absolute favorite comic creator.

1 Like

Don’t forget about this one.

3 Likes

That one is on my list to find too. Waiting for the right price.

1 Like