I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

Very cool! I"ll give Anyone Comics a try sometime!

As long as your ok with the mailer they use. I would say it’s less secure than TFAW’s flat mailers
they don’t add cardboard either
but maybe you can request they do.

They actually contacted me because I ordered three Darth Vaders in a row from different years and asked if I had made a mistake. I said it was intentional. So nice they cared to reach out at least.

1 Like

Crappy day in NJ was hoping for no deliveries

Wet Packages :pleading_face: :cry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :crossed_fingers:t4:

All good thankfully. Books wrapped in plastic inside the mailers so no penetration.

3 Likes

I buy comics from instagram from time to time usually if I can get a good deal. I bought a copy of DM7 Lee from him for 3 bucks and shipping came out to $9, was well packaged and came with all of these. Not super crazy but I thought it was a very nice thing and a pleasant surprise, who doesn’t love freebies

Got my order from ReedPop for ~$32. I go 3 trades signed by Brian Azzarello, 1 trade signed by Mattew Rosenberg, 1 trade signed by Tom King and 1 Star Wars Luke virgin comic. The Brian Azzarello signature is quite nice. The Tom King signature is so poor that it looks forged. I got a good deal :slight_smile:

Oh, I got a Tom King signed book once on Batman Rebirth when he first took over
 he’s got the worse signature in the world
 it’s even worse than AH!, who has the most easily forged signature in the world

1 Like

I’ll probably end up getting rid of it because I can’t even convince myself that it’s real. The signed trades were all free so I’m more than happy.

Can you explain how to do that? I’m 32 and don’t use Instagram a ton so I feel out of element when it comes to the app. I am skilled at eBay, Mercari, Reddit, Offerup, and so forth, but I feel like I’m missing out with all the comic scenes on Insta.

A lot of people in the comic community will sell books through instagram, whether its live sales on video feed or posting books as posts, usually they’ll post pictures or show off the book and give prices, along with whatever for shipping. Some also do live auctions where people people join and bid on books. Usually they’ll use payment methods like paypal, zelle, cashapp, etc. Its really blown up over the last year or so because of lack of shows and people wanting to sell books so they do it via platforms like instagram or facebook, and also doesn’t have fees like ebay. Of course you won’t get stellar deals most of the time but i’ve managed to get a good amount of stuff for cheap.

@davidbitterbaum it’s not easy to get into selling on ig. I’ve been working on my ig since about august or so and have only sold a few things. You also really need to post and join in on the community. I think you would do well.

Lets not forget JR JR. ( John Romita Jr). I hate his new signature. Before he used to put Romita Jr. Now its just JR JR.

At least JR JR is legible. There are so many poor signatures out there. The modern signing styles Frank Miller and Chris Claremont use look like hate-scribbles.

1 Like

Must
 refrain
 from
 making
jokes.

4 Likes

I think Miller and Claremont have health issues that are the cause of their current signature styles.

I just got the signed Momoko covers from El Rey Comics Kickstarter from last May. It came with no COA, but that makes sense.

1 Like

Grabbed 3 of these while they were still below cover price, sold one to cover the cost of the books and shipping

2 Likes

Golden Apple with the late delivery with some bonus books as well.

1 Like

Spider-verse books I grabbed for $2 each plus $8 shipping.

Grabbed Amazing Spider-man #611 for $13

Thor Generations Kirby Variant $6 total w/shipping

And this nice Black Panther #168 Pheonix cover for $8

4 Likes

Good score on that ASM 611

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m lookin for the 2nd print now.