I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

Filling in some more holes in the collection grabbed em for 99cents each. Love the auctions that end after midnight.

1 Like

God, I sure love filling holes.

1 Like

I see what you did there. Well played sir.

1 Like

Iā€™m very immature and a pervert.

Never say that out loud if you ever have to do time.

1 Like

image image

I went on a spree buying $3-4 Phantom Menace paperbacks on Amazon. All of these books were listed as ā€œgoodā€ which is probably right according to book rating standards, but Iā€™d call them varying degrees of terrible.

The one on the right is probably the one keeper from the bunch so not a complete loss. Iā€™ll let my daughter read one of the other ones.

1 Like

Yeah, for books ā€˜goodā€™ is ā€œfunctions properlyā€ (i.e. all the pages are there and in the right order; whether theyā€™re still bound is up in the air however). ā€˜Acceptableā€™ is more interesting. There you just hope they taped the pages properly so that the lines line up across the tears.

I also got one from amazon is said ā€œlike new conditionā€ paid $15 and it was all beat up. I contacted the seller to see if they had another copy. But they didnt so they refunded me and I got to keep the reader copy.

I also received this damn near impossible to find ghost of a convention variant by Mike Del Mundo.

4 Likes

Was it you that had me acting as a middle man at one point for rare Star Wars variants from a guy in Canada?

Yeah, this isnā€™t my first of this variant. I was buying them off a guy with an animal name who was legitimately canadian native and lived on a reservation of some sort. Had a stack of them some how.

1 Like

Thatā€™s who I was thinking of.

I think it was Rabbit. That was his name.

Yes. Yes it was.

I still find myself singing this tune every now and thenā€¦usually when my daughter asks me why we canā€™t have a bunnyā€¦

1 Like

I got a toy rabbit for the new puppy and I go around and sing that song when heā€™s literallyā€¦ ā€œkilling itā€ every morningā€¦

1 Like

I just picked up New 52 Batman 1-7, all first prints. They all seem to be in really nice condition. I am putting together a run of New 52 Batman and the early issues were starting to creep up in price again so I pulled the trigger on a set. Very happy to be almost done and have them all!

Yeah, I think news of the Court of Owls making it to one of the CW show or something caused some spikes in value for those early issues. Thatā€™s when I dumped more of mineā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, there was talk of a subplot in the Matt Reeves Batman movie, an animated movie, lots of Court of Owls talk lately so I wanted to get them while they were still reasonably priced.

Found these in an online store i check in every so oftenā€¦I canā€™t believe these didnā€™t come up in earlier searches there.

I had sold my DV3 vol 2 many months ago before Covid for $40 (raw) and regretted it even though they paid my ā€œmake me sell it to youā€ priceā€¦love the coverā€¦so happy to find another and in 9.8 potential for cover price. Issue 4 is a nice compliment to issue 3.

I had 5 DV5s in my Midtown cart the other day, and was waiting for a sale or HR 1 2nd print to be availableā€¦but sold out before that happened. Glad to track down a copy for cover.

And a special shout to Anyone Comics out of Brooklyn. Be warned that they ship in padded envelopesā€¦so thereā€™s risk of damage. But every time Iā€™ve ordered someone draws a little character and word bubble on the outside which makes me smile. Usually itā€™s related to the books you buy (last time I orders a Canto book).

3 Likes