I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

Man they had a big Godzilla drop a few months back and it really killed me to not order any of it. I had a bunch of stuff in my cart and just forced myself to close the browser out lol

1 Like

Sometimes that little “x” in the top right is a real life saver.

Also, I’ve been “saved by the bell” at work when the clock strikes five and I get up and walk away.

2 Likes

Picked up Thor 364 and 365. Already had 366. But nice to have a set NM/NM+!

Didn’t realize until I had the set that 366 is an homage to 365! Cool.

5 Likes

Ok, so this delivery was especially cool for me!

As I discussed over on my site, here, Ryder Windham, writer and editor for Dark Horse comics in the 90s, started selling his file copies of his work on Ebay.

I bid on a couple things, the Hyperspace Fan Club Darth Vader comic and the Droids Cover Proof and won them. During that process, Ryder and I struck up a bit of a pen pal relationship and he ended up sending me quite a few things this week!

High Level it’s two Shadows of the Empire Kenner comics which were produced to pack in with the figure 2-packs (these never were though, sent directly to Ryder from the publisher), Shadow Stalker, FCBD 2011, the Hyperspace Fan Club reprint of “Thank the Maker”, Droids cover proof (an example of the embossed treatment of the card stock cover sent by the publisher for approval, etc.), Strange Allies paperback, and three Shadows of the Empire mini comics designed to pack into Micro Machines packages (again, never actually packed in).

The pop-up Battle of the Bounty Hunters is a special personal pick up for me because my mom would never let me get it at the time. It was about 5 times as expensive as a normal comic issue with about a third of the content. BUT IT POPPED UP! Ryder put a little not to my Mom inside that one.

As you’ll see, he inscribed the pop up book, but signed the backing boards for all of the other ones, giving them a certain provenance as coming from the writer/editor’s personal files.

Enjoy the pics. Sorry they’re sideways. They were right side up on my phone. @agentpoyo ???

UPDATE: Ok, big news. DW figured out how to mash his fat Wookiee fingers over the computer keyboard and fix the image orientation.

11 Likes

Found this online
for $5 and came out to $10 shipped all in. First time using the site Hall of comics and it was packaged well and in good condition. Put it in mylar since only one copy on ebay at $100

Mayhew’s came in.

4 Likes

From Mayhew himself or Eastside? My eastside order hasn’t done anything since I placed it.

From Mayhew

Sweet, sweet mail from @D-Rog! His packing is first rate. Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Got the last signed Momoko’s since ordering in May and August last year.

1 Like

[quote=“ein, post:230, topic:1184”]
Sweet, sweet mail from @D-Rog! His packing is first rate. [/quote]

Take that, Poyo’mama!

Pffttt

I’m still the best

Around

Drog ain’t gonna keep me down

Cause I’m the best

Around

Drog aint’ gonna keep me down

This feels like a “World’s greatest Dad” versus “#1 Dad” debate

1 Like

Only you would say its a debate
 I already know whos the best
 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you for subtly declaring me the World’s best Dad, Poyo. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Funny ass episode!!

Got a package in today from @Anthony! The Department of Truth Third Eye (unsigned) tbp. It’s so awesome, and he does a bang up job on the packaging. Thanks, man!

I paid $60, I already had #2 but #1 is going for crazy amounts of $$$
The seller paid $20 for shipping, why I don’t know. I am happy.

Aaahhh this was a great win for $29+ shipping seeing as how #637 goes for that price alone

I won and promptly paid just so buyer doesnt cancel or think I’m not interested

He says hes gonna throw in a 2nd print of 1 of the issues
 never did I think it was going to be the 2nd print for 637!! Book averages $60+ or better

7 Likes

Like everyone else, I’m chasing Star Wars back issues. The Outlander issues were a bit pricier than what I splurge on, but they are in fantastic shape. everything else was reasonable. I’ve been looking for 1st Aurra Sing for awhile. The Star Wars 16 are Whitman Variants so they were cheaper than what the issue is normally going for lately.

3 Likes