I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

8 Likes

Some online horror pick ups

8 Likes

Gutt Ghost signed and sketched.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE: 1st Mirka Andolfo Comic Cover (previously only did colors), 1st non-partial Joshua Middleton Comic Cover(Pencils only), 1st Tula Lotay Comic Cover (Pencils and Inks only), 1st Victor Crowley (cover and story).

2 Likes

Nice Mercari score was looking for this book and found for $9 total shipped

4 Likes

Whose reflection is that?

Klaw

Shipping prices are starting to be a killer, but I got these for cheap.

1 Like

Ebay/Mercari/Hall of Comics

Mercari
$9 total
Snagged another copy. Likening the 2nd prints of these lenticulars.

Ebay
$10 for the pair

Hall Of Comics
$1 each issue. Grabbed the Jem and Holograms off Drunken Chat they mentioned it as Jen Bartels first cover seen copies on Ebay selling for $100

The rest were nice covers and to add to the order for shipping.

4 Likes

Very nice pickup on the 1st Bartel cover. It’s really attractive when the artist does the pencils, inks, and colors on their first cover. I got mine last summer for $2.

1 Like

Didnt even know about it. Was having a convo with Mel V about the Silk Bartel this was right before Drunken Chat went live. Watched the episode him and Ultra mention the issue. I found it and said this should be an easy flip.

For the last year, I’ve been collecting high grade 1st appearances of as many full length feature Disney cartoon films as I can muster. (Aristocrats, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Frozen, Aladdin, Jungle Book, on and on and on)

Finding a Four Color #12 from 1941 in decent shape (and decent price) was a major checkmark from that list. Don’t think I’ll be finding this in high grade although I’ll always be on the lookout. For now this will do.

9 Likes

That looks pretty clean for an 80 year old book!

1 Like

Yeaaa
 pretty decent.
I figure everyone is speculating on new media stuff; I’ll go back and obtain the classics that very few are considering

4 Likes

Not bad! Tons of Disney issues in the un-process, un-priced boxes at my LCS. I need to take a closer look at those.

Also not a bad little strategy you’ve got. They show no signs of stopping their conversion of cartoon features to live action movies. The cynic in me says it’s to produce a new copyright authorship date for the live action version of a character as their ip rights start to expire.

2 Likes

That is truly outrageous.

1 Like

I see what you did there.

2 Likes

The last 2 times I watched the Drunken Chat they talked about Rian Gonzales’ and Bartel’s first books. Immediately after the guy mentions their first covers the cheap copies get snatched off of ebay. There were graded books that were sitting on ebay for at least 6 months doing nothing until the guy said something.

I just got this in the mail for $6. Might be Kyle Hotz first cover (pencils only probably). It’s VF-, but I don’t feel like paying more for a dollar bin book that I can’t find anywhere.

1 Like

Be weary of investing in those types of books. If the book doesn’t/didn’t have a natural demand before some YouTubers mentioned it, I don’t see that book really having strong potential for long term growth. M2c.

2 Likes

I agree. Personally, I think slabbed modern books aren’t worth the premium. I collect the cheap raw books that are artist firsts. I hope to get them signed at some point.

Thanks for heads up on this too. I just got one for $2!