I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

It’s not great.

I thought these are a bit under the radar.
Spawn 10 variant covers (and interiors have additional material)
From a Kickstarter and limited to 650 copies each.

I wouldnt say under the radar…

If was a hefty buy-in to get those…even 1.

Maybe. I dunno. It was marketed under Dave Sim so in my opinion it missed at least some batch of spawn collectors.

Should be the I.C.U.P. Variant…

1 Like

Got stuck with the hot potato…we were all picking it up and dropping it before FOC…

You really don’t want those Ventress 1st and origin issues. I’ll do you a favor and take them off your hands…

I hear they have swine flu embedded in the printing stock. I’ll risk it though.

In a little rough shape, but for cover price is nice!

The envelope are wasn’t as nice as past orders…but still brings a smile!

4 Likes

A press would do wonders for that book. Won’t ever be a 9.8 but could be improved.

I’ve been pulling together Star Wars Newspaper comics from multiple sources recently. The Newspaper comics contain many first mentions, appearances, etc that occurred before the Marvel series, but are overlooked because of their format.

They’re also interesting because of their pulp sci GI tone and nature that would eventually become known as vastly different from the Star Wars we know today.

I received two shipments: (1) tabloid comic size pages from a 1979 comic tabloid and (2) newspaper clippings from 1979. One thing I find really interesting about newspaper syndicated comics is the practice of rearranging the panels to fit various formats.

For example, here’s Star Wars #1 from a conventional newspaper (left) and a comic tabloid (right) from the same year and probably the same month or week:

One of my favorite story arcs so far is “The Kashyyyk Depths” from July, 1979. It’s the first appearance of Chewbacca’s homeworld, Kashyyyk, and the first mention/appearance of the Wookiee holiday, Life Day in comics. Both appeared in the infamous Star Wars Holiday special in November 1978, but this is the first time in comics:

I have a couple more things on their way. Anthonyscomicbookart.com had Russ Manning’s file copies and I bought those. Hopefully, they come with some documentation about their origin. Otherwise I’m just a fool easily separated from my
Money.

Russ Cochran bound together Archie Goodwin and Al Williams’ run in a limited hardcover signed and numbered by Archie and Al which is also on its way.

6 Likes

Westfield 99 cent deals. 65 SWHRA #2 and 100 SWHR #3. No bags but great condition.

5 Likes

Ordered these jim Lee X-Men omnis from instock trades. Takes a while to process and ship but packaged very well

3 Likes

I preordered my 1st omnibus Spiderman Mcfarlane and Michellini. Would definitely consider a Jim Lee one as well.

1 Like

Got both Stake books signed by Byrne for $10 shipped.

4 Likes

Recent mail…

ASM #634 1:15 cool cover

Absolute Carnage Young Guns variants

G.I. Joe Cobra Files #3 1:10 cool cover buy

Some spider books I didnt have and Ironheart variant

3 Likes

$2– thanks again to these forums for the heads up on this one!

5 Likes

I’m still looking for this one!

Seeing Jem always reminds me of Super Sunday cartoons. My favorite being Big Foot and the Muscle Machines.

I was such a Big Foot fanatic. I even had the battery operated toy with the shift mobs on top.

This was right up there with transformers, Star Wars and stompers.

Big Foot, and the Muscle Machines
They’re big, bad, dirty and mean!

2 Likes

I had that same Big Foot truck when I was a kid. That was a meaty toy from what I remember. :+1:

2 Likes