I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

I’m a Mayhew shadow enabler. I beg for forgiveness.

I’m buying into my own spec on Bazine Netal with Star Wars Adventures.

2 Likes

Jerry-gang

4 Likes

Got another Daredevil #2 to add to my collection (numero 3). This one only $15 and they threw in a free comic.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Ahhhh… Raiders of the Lost Ark… been stockpiling those for a bit. Good to see someone else with the insight to purchase #1 issues

1 Like

And here I thought his further adventures #1 was his first appearance…

1 Like

And here I thought his further adventures #1 was his first appearance

Got one of those too with this order

1 Like

I’m somewhat confused.
Is Indy’s 1st appearance the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1?
I’m noticing Jun 1981 publishing date for Raiders of Lost Ark #1 and Jan 1983 for Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1. I believe that the Raiders is a reprint of the mag, but from a comic perspective is something incorrect with that published information?

No Raiders is the first appearance but it is a movie adaptation I don’t know if the magazine or comic came first in 81. Some people like non movie adaptation 1st appearances too as being 1st appearances so it was just a covering the bases for me they were $2 each where I found them.

1 Like

Got it… thx

I’m looking through this now…no month. Only the year. Has to be a close race though.

2 Likes

I keep seeing references as it having a publication date of June 1981 which seems on par since the movie hit screens in June of 1981 as well.

Yeah, magazine “published” dates are always well after they were actually released…

Magazines and comics in the newsstand basically always had future dates. The reason this one was June released and September Published is because the magazine was to be pulled off the shelf and returned on it after October 1. So June-October it could be on the stands.

Just grabbed this set from Facebook marketplace, never been able to find these locally before so happy to have been able to grab them.

6 Likes

Loved Marville covers. Very obvious stab at Smallville and the Superman mythos. Drop dead covers though.

1 Like

Such a weird series.

Cant even talk about something around here without all the copies flying lol

2 Likes

Jeez… and all I did was ask which was earlier. sheesh