I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

Oh no! It’s no longer rare!

I searched “get along gang”…should I have searched “getalong gang?”

1 Like

I think i searched get along gang to find the ones I found…

1 Like

How did you FIND that, @agentpoyo !?

Nothing crazy for $84 shipped. My nostalgia collection is growing.

4 Likes

Last couple of weeks mail - Marvel first.

Edge of Spider-verse - 5 1st and 2nd Prints. 1st app SP//dr (Peni Parker)
All new Ultimates 10 David Nakayama with a great Bombshell cover.
Dareveil 53 Thanks to Devildog on this one. 1st app Crazhorse.(Cameo in 10)
X-Force 126 Another copy. First cover Deadgirl.
Secret Wars 1 Classic, one of the comics that got me hooked as a kid.

Aero 1 Action Figure Variant. Cheap as chips and my guess is one day it will be sought out by collectors.
Crescent and IO 1 Similar to above and I really like the In-Hyuk Lee cover.
America Chavez Made in America 3 If it sticks, could be a big change for America Chavez. Low print run I imagine.

Now for some Indy pick ups.
THB:M3 I really like Paul Pope’s art. Not easy to find.(At least in the UK)
Niobe She is Death Just for the cover really!
Vampirella 9 1:75 - I can’t resist Bruce Timms art.
Astro City 1 Just a great read, Kurt Busiek wrote some amazing stories for Astro City.

Some more modern Indy now.
Joe Golem Occult Detective 1 - The Mignola verse seems to be growing fast.
Radiant Black 2 - Picked up for the cover art.
You promised me darkness 1 Not read it yet.
Deadly Class One of my favourite series. Variants for 45 and 32. I really liked the covers, and 32 was a sod to find in the UK.
Once and Future 6 Forbidden Planet Lafuente Variant - Great cover, limited to 1000 and was on sale at the store.

Just some recent DC pickups. I almost don’t think of DC at all for spec these days.
The new Swamp Thing series is off to a great start.
Batman 108 - New characters from James Tynion. (I guess this isn’t news to you!)

6 Likes

I always pick up multiple copies of Swamp Thing pre-FOC, those always seem to sell gradually as time goes on. Never any real heat, but good sellers.

1 Like

Purchased direct from Fantagraphics.
Not easy obtaining Barry Windsor Smith autographs these days, so thrilled to get this. 360 pages of BWS goodness

3 Likes

I’ve heard the book is gorgeous and incredibly depressing.

1 Like

Not anything spec worthy, but I got the last few comics I needed to finish off my Crossed +100: Mimic - Ms Mayhem cover collection. So happy to have the whole set now!

1 Like

Cheesecake and gore. What a combo! Avatar’s sub-imprint Boundless really does some risque covers too.

Yeah, I’m usually not one to go for risqué covers but there’s something about the “cheesecake and gore” in these covers that really grabbed ahold of me. I love them!

It’s the only way Avatar can get people to buy their books… :wink:

2 Likes

Hey now, despite being really cheesecake-centric some of the Boundless comics have been surprisingly good. Some have stunk tho.

Online LCS got stock today and put up a cpy of BRZKRK #1 3rd print for cover price, so grabbed another copy, might as well.

4 Likes

Shoot. I got three and sold two. Nothing wrong with grabbing money… I mean more.

1 Like

Ordered both on the 11th. From midtown and Third eye and both showed up today. Fastest I’ve ever gotten a package from midtown. For some reason sometimes when I get books from midtown they’ll put the book in backwards so the back cover is on the front.

They do that to scan barcode. Fwiw

I’ve only noticed that with bad idea books. I think because the barcodes on the back of the books.

More books! $5 average per book after shipping. Nothing crazy, but I’m happy :slight_smile:

5 Likes