I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

Astonishing X-Men #4B Colossus Variant NM
First appearance of Hisako Ichiki @ cover on UK Ebay

3 Likes

When I first saw these on TFAW’s site, I was just like, ok, kinda neat, I’ll grab a couple. The quality of this cover, art, color, and feel, is just amazing. Not sure if anyone else preordered these but I’m very happy with the purchase!

5 Likes

Nice I didn’t even know there was a variant for this one, just thought it was the beast cover

Good to know. I preordered and was iffy on it as well @faele

1 Like

Does he not have a pocket for that knife?

1 Like

I appreciate that you include all the relevant info on the books you pick up.

1 Like

This mornings post.

I had bought a few loose specs recently. They may or may not ripen, but the Skaar book already has more potentital now than when I paid for it a few days ago.
Widowmakers 1 - The current Black Widow run is great, I can see a Team of Widows going forward. - Great cover too. Looks better in person than on the photo.
Skaar Son of Hulk 1 - variant - There has been lots of chatter on Skaar, and this looks like 1st solo series. (Could me more important too, I am waiting to see. But when purchased I had no idea about the She Hulk spec) Also, the Julie Bell cover
wow! (Larger picture below)
Black Widow 6 2nd Print - 1st Marigold - I am really enjoying this run. (I am in for a few issue 8’s already
)
Bounty Hunters 13 - 1st cameo Deathstick, but you probably know that already.
Eve 2 - Just a really nice cover.

Finally, behold my incredible ablility to pick the only James Tynion book that doesn’t get hot! (I am getting the whole set for my personal PC so not really for spec
 is what I am saying to justify the outlay :frowning_face: )

4 Likes

I accidentally bought a Skaar Son of Hulk #1 recently thinking it was a first appearance
i like when mistake purchases turn out to be actual spec!

I’ve also found several of the ratio variants in that series in discount boxes ($5) and flipped a few for small gains as I believe there series may have had a relatively small print run (need to s check out comichron). The later issues especially. may go and grab the rest now.

3 Likes

Nice. Yea, dont fall for that What If and World War Hulk #5 bs.

1 Like

Yeah both WWH5 & What if are cameos. Skaar 1 is the first full as @monopolyjackson pointed out.

2 Likes

I mean, all people have to do is read the books.

3 Likes

See I didn’t know until a month or two ago when you mentioned it then.

1 Like

Lets see how long it takes for a certain “group” to pumpNdump this

s-l500

5 Likes

Oh my comment was not directed towards anyone here. We are all too smart for that nonsense. Its directed towards a certain fb “group” and ebay sellers misleading buyers.

Bad thing is I didn’t end up picking up and Skaar #1’s. I was and still am focused on other cheap books that have potential. Mostly certain Image and Independent publisher books.

1 Like

The label on my cgc wwh5 states it’s a first full when it’s clearly not. I mean what if has him in 2-3 panels.

1 Like

Yea, CGC definitely goofed. But it was a different time back then

1 Like

I wouldn’t call them BS World War Hulk #5 came out almost a full year before Skaar Son of Hulk #1. Some people like their first appearance to actually be the first appearances not a book that came out a year later after multiple cameos. Also both cameos predate the preview too.

2 Likes

World War Hulk #5 came out on November 14, 2007.
Skaar #1 came out on June 11, 2008.

Less than a year.

What If and WWH5 are both very small cameos.

I really don’t think previews get much attention until a first appearance goes nuclear and people look for a cheaper earlier “appearance” prior to “first story.”

I mean, what marvel previews are actually fetching good cash? Adam the Blue Marvel and Miles Morales are the only two I can think of. SIKtC has the Diamond previews/order form.

1 Like