I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

Sometimes you get lucky. $40 for the set.

17 Likes

Wow. Congrats!

3 Likes

Thanks, just bought this morning and the post office already has it. I’m glad I couldn’t sleep this morning or somebody else would’ve snagged it.

2 Likes

And, we have a winner!

1 Like

How did you pull that off? Was this a pawn shop or personal collection sale?

1 Like

Most of my stuff comes from eBay, this included.

You got ripped off mine even came with a first Abigail Brand.:joy:

7 Likes

I clearly need to watch eBay and Mercari more than I have been doing since falling in love with Whatnot

upon further investigation:
according to Marvel Comics Group 1939-1980 - 1963 JiM #91 (cover-dated Apr 63) was published 5 Feb 1963. also published by Marvel on that date were Patsy Walker #106 (cover-dated Apr 63) and TtA #43 (cover-dated May 63), both of which also feature the corner-box on the cover.

but for the sake of my own need for an answer i declare JiM #91 the winner because of TtA #43’s May cover date and because PW isn’t a hero series. i would LOVE to see how hotly this situation would be debated were the community concerned about “1st Marvel corner-box cover” :grinning:.

so, to amend my statement in the original post, journey into mystery #91 is the earliest cover-dated issue of a superhero series featuring Marvel’s now-iconic corner box in the top left of the cover. anybody else drawn to issues whose relevance rests on minutiae like this? anyone down for a podcast about “non-key key issues”? :grin:

1 Like

I’d be down to start a podcast called “Shitty Comics” where we just highlight terrible comics.

4 Likes

That might make people want them more so they end up being desirable only then to end up on Key’s list the following week

3 Likes

That would be hilarious, both the core concept and then the feedback loop where books start selling just from exposure.

1 Like

I am totally down to host a shitty comics podcast.

2 Likes

Bring your shittiest comic.

What makes a shitty comic?

A bad story arc?

A bad cover (lots,of Liefeld entries).

A comic on rough condition?

A comic you have no idea why you bought it?

A comic you thought at the time was awesome, but looking back totally don’t know what you were thinking?

I think in order to qualify as “shitty” there should be a short brief story behind it. At least it’d make it fun.

Maybe proceeds can be set up for a charity
.? That’d be cool. Might incent some people to bid higher
see how high we can get a shitty comic to sell for

Oh wait,
I thought this was a whatnot app thing
not just a podcast. Hahaha. I like my idea better.

To keep the prompt brief: “A comic the presenter would not recommend buying.”

I’d listen to such a podcast and I don’t even listen to many!

Finally arrived today, ordered it in November

3 Likes

Glad it finally arrived!

1 Like

My first jewel edition arrived today, looks even better in person, the light really pops off the crystals and they look so cool embedded in the skulls eyes.

3 Likes