I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

Is there a 14 & 17 in there? If so nice score. Also if anyone’s interested there’s a lot of CM1-17 on eBay and it may go lower because of the lack of the right keywords.

If you aren’t interested in it I would be

Captain marvel 14 first cameo of kamala Kahn sells for about $200 or more. This was the sellers pic so I’m not sure if that’s a table cloth

Notable keys that were included are captain marvel 2012 14 and 17 ,2019 series #8 ,captain marvel the end 1.

1 Like

I bought 2 different CM sets that didn’t have the right keywords and went for about 1/5 of what they should’ve gone for. I love when people do that.

Gotta have that 14 in the title. It helps to not end your auction at an oddball time when people are at work or sleeping. I try to end mine at 8:00pm on Sunday after the 1st and 15th.

1 Like

I thought eBay searches were smarter than that…knowing 14 is between 1-17…guess it’s not. Oh well!

I usually list out every number in my title anyway. Or have a multiple item auction.

Search itself is actually incredibly dumb most of the time. Where people get misunderstanding from is Google. Because it tracks search history, what people actually click on based on what they search, etc. it has BILLIONS of data points it can rely on to know what people MEAN, and uses its algorithms to deliver what it THINKS people are looking for based on other past actions. Stuff that isn’t focused entirely on search will always fall flat in comparison.

Got the captain marvels today. They all look unread NM :grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

@agentpoyo, explain the difference between unread NM and read NM to me again…:wink:

I’d say read NM might have a bend or slight Cheeto stain. :nerd_face:

I don’t get mad when I see, “unread,” in a listing. I hate seeing, “Still in plastic,” as a reference to a bag and board. It’s called a bag and board, it isn’t, “Still in plastic,” someone put it in that. The only comics still in plastic are polybagged comics. I understand if you don’t, “Know,” comics it sounds good, but come on.

Am I being pedantic?

1 Like

No I hate the “still in plastic” too.

1 Like

I don’t go too hard on them. Likely they inherited the collection and aren’t super familiar with the hobby. It’s when they have crazy numbers on their listings and won’t even sell for fair market value that pisses me off.

1 Like

Never seen it referred to that way. It if I’m looking at Bronze Age comics and the description is “never removed from bag” I move on…if it’s true, the bag is quite yellow…as well,as,the board if it had one…

Some of the best comics I ever got were in a yellowed bag. I’m looking at you x-factor 6 cgc 9.8.

Greasy fingers and microscopic bathroom particles on them to start off on possibilities… there’s a huge difference.

Technically foreign material that penetrates the substrate of the paper and cannot be removed without destructive means or using chemicals permanently changing the chemical composition of the paper (i.e. restoration) is not something that qualifies as NM. At least I believe 3rd party graders would agree.

1 Like