I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

I had good for a while…then their heads swelled when they started going to conventions and getting into the exclusive game.

Their shipping became erratic, such that I was waiting several weeks after books hit the shelves…they were too busy hitting the convention scene to take care of their online customers.

So I wrote them off years ago. And I have not ordered from them sense. From what I gather, they haven’t changed much.

2 Likes

They suck. I stopped using them last year.

1 Like

Someone from their booth always seems to be in front of me on any given line; even when I purchase an early admission ticket.

I just can’t fathom how that can possibly be :rage:

So yea - I will not purchase from them for anything.

3 Likes

I’ve heard more negative stuff about Unknown than positive here and other places.

4 Likes

Getting a root canal sounds more pleasant than ordering books from Unknown… if that tells you anything!

4 Likes

I’ve done both…and you are correct…

1 Like

I’ve had 3 root canals. It’s more likely I’ll get a forth before ordering from UC again…

2 Likes

I actually do root canals, lol. Yes, dealing with Unknown Comic Books is 1000 times worse. The doctor said so.

2 Likes

Finally arrived. Nice minty copies, worth the wait!

3 Likes

I ordered two copies of this book when it was discussed here last summer. I believe from The One Stop Shop. And it never took off and I forgot all about it.

About a week ago they arrive in the mail. I’m not sure what happened, and why it took 10 months to ship, but it was a nice surprise to get them! putting them in the future spec box.

3 Likes

I did not pre-order this and took a chance my LCS would have a copy, or was going to add it to another order when it came out… But When right before release it got hot and selling out, decided I needed to just order one from an online shop while it was still discounted.

This book is going to be a tough one to find in 9.8 with the marvel paper, and black front and back covers along the spine.

Looks really nice in person, though.

2 Likes

I got two copies and all the copies that came in were not the best.

Was a ghost for me locally, and usually at least one of my stores has something I’m after. I waited way too long to buy it online as well. I found an A cover copy, at least.

Nice that they kept the set together.

From the Lady Death Cybernetic Desecration kickstarter, only really wanted this one because it reminds me of Gantzv mixed with some Ghost in the Shell and the Jenny Frison but that was in the legend tier and sold out super fast, these kickstarters go live at like 3am in the morning so no chance I’m getting up for that :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

That’s a beautiful Lady Death cover. Very unique taste to the character.

1 Like

I found a person with listings on Facebook for various comics and asked about three that caught my eye. They were willing to ship as long as I also paid shipping so they didn’t lose any money. I agreed and now have a nice Newsstand copy of the first Thrawn appearance in, “Star Wars: Heir to the Empire,” 1, a first printing of Harley’s in-canon debut with, “Batman: Harley Quinn,” and in slightly rougher condition (but still cool) the debut issue of her first solo series. Pics:

14 Likes

As a Tynion fanboy, I am very happy. I always buy the 3 limit from Midtown after getting damaged books in the past.

2 Likes

This one made my day/week/month. I’ve been watching and waiting & this popped up on my saved list on eBay for a crazy low price. It looked nice and the seller had good feedback so I jumped. Kept my fingers crossed that it wouldn’t be cancelled or have some crazy hidden flaw.
Super nice shape with a few very pressable defects.
Paid $46 total/shipped.

11 Likes

Some Alex Ross Superman covers, paid less than cover after shipping.

680 needs a little cleaning, but been waiting for this book to show up on the cheap.

2 Likes

So many foil books arrived, love them :stuck_out_tongue: had to pick up 2 of the Frison Red Sonja foils, for 10 bucks each couldn’t say now.

8 Likes