I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

those have been my exact criteria for a while now.
ebay has been providing decent numbers of silver midgrade nonkeys for $5-20

New Homare cover arrived

Bought the set so I could get the Chew cover, this thing seems impossible to find on it’s own, even in sets it rarely pops up, not sure what’s going on with that one.

2 Likes

My last purchase/haul from 2023.
I did fairly well sticking to my guns this year on focusing on horror/artist theme type books.

7 Likes

Bronze horror is the next “pop” that is being pushed. Especially DC. Thankfully I have been collecting these books for years.

3 Likes

definitely wish i had leaned harder into higher grade bronze age stuff when i first started focussing on collecting that era. “reasonably priced” high grade filler issues of many marvel bronze-age titles are virtually gone.

Sadly it’s going to be on to modern books as Bronze Age will start pushing higher in prices. I still find steals and deals but harder and harder.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Some silver age FF. Both in lower grade, but I just wanted reader copies on these covers anyway. Couldn’t pass them up for $4 ea.

And threw in a NM copy Crisis #6 for $2 (same seller)…because…I dunno…why not?

3 Likes

Ordered these online for cover as my LCS did not have them. Although my intent is to sell, after reading issue 2 I am getting hooked on the story…! And I normally am turned off by horror/gore!

3 Likes

I did not really like issue 1. It seems like a boilerplate story about a serial killer mad that another serial killer is in their territory with the only hook being that it’s cute animals. Does issue 2 improve?

More of the same. I am gonna list my copies this week.

1 Like

That’s boilerplate? I guess I don’t read enough horror.

I like how the existing killer is trying to solve the “who done it” mystery before she becomes a suspect herself, unraveling all the care she’s taken over the years.

I thought issue 2 was pretty good in how it was setting up a prime suspect, only to have that suspect killed off at the end by the mystery killer. Showing her she’s not as smart as she thought she was.

Having been watching Twilight Zone episodes I’m wondering if in the end there is only one killer, but she has multiple personalities. That would be quite the twist…her catching herself in the act and leading the authorities to her capture….

1 Like

My Zenescope shipment came in. Total cost was <$32 shipped. No bags, no boards, and wrapped in bubble wrap one way. Surprisingly, the books came in VF/NM condition, but I am missing 3 books. I’m not sure if I’d order from them again, but I’m happy with what I got.

2 Likes

I know little about those books, but that Banshee one is very cool!!!

2 Likes

What’s up with the one you bought so many of?

Bought a full short box today for about 50 cents a book. Had a few nice runs, including the entire New X-Men run. I’m happy to finally have a Jane Foster Thor 1. One of my favorite covers, but just never had a copy.

IMG_2839

8 Likes

Best X-Men run ever. Claremont comes in 2nd.

2 Likes

This doesn’t show up too often in high grade. Most copies have tears, folds, stains, writing. And almost all are sold by UK sellers.

Been waiting for a high grade copy to show up at a reasonable price. Opportunity finally presented itself but had to cross my fingers it’d be packaged well and make it across the pond. Showed up today and looks great!

Can check off one of my books to acquire in 2024!

3 Likes

Shitty pics but I was happy to add these to my collection.

4 Likes

Something to read

2 Likes