I Like What You Got (Original Art)

1/1 monoprint of the original digital art of the Star Wars Rebels issue 6 cover by Pepe Larraz!

With digital art, this is as close as it gets to original physical art!

8 Likes

Which is why I go for more commissions from these digital artists nowadays. Sway, Gerads and Sozomaika at the most recent Singapore Comic Convention.

Droids #1 (1985), page 14, by John Romita, Sr.

11 Likes

I got Sway to do a Kanan 1 sketch cover for me at Rose City mainly because there’s not a lot of other good ways to get an original.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll probably go this route with digital guys in the future as well.

Show! There is only one other Sway commission on comicartfans apart from the two that I posted there.

The Sozomaika I posted on comicartfans was the first one there, apart from two other remarks. There was also a handful of commissions on there by Mitch Gerads.

1 Like

Quick photo without taking it out of the top loader or bag and board.

2 Likes

Congrats! Only the 5th I have seen!

I dont collect prints but I know some of you do. If you are into monoprints, this is a pretty significant one page 1 of Kanan #1 (guys into Star Wars should know what it is). Also the page is not expensive.

https://www.artcoholics.net/Artwork.aspx?artworkID=19367

2 Likes

what role do monoprints have in the publication process?

None. They are basically 1/1 prints from the original digital images used to produce the comics.

1 Like

Wonder Woman commission by Bruno Redondo

4 Likes

Looks like your post might have tipped someone into buying it!

1 Like

Yup. Received a thank you message!

Just noticed that my profile pic is coincidently also a Pepe Larraz monoprint.

1 Like

High Republic 1 Page 5 by Ario Anindito. From the first appearance of Keeve Trennis and Sskeer.

15 Likes

I’m actually more appreciative of Anindito’s artwork seeing these. Was not impressed prior
The colors produced in the comic seem to detract from his linework.
(Which is why many art collector’s DONT like their OA colored)

2 Likes

I like my OA covered in Green Lantern light.

2 Likes

I received much feedback resistance to get this colored. And took me years to finally do it.
I still think it was the right thing to do because the art was so large and so “empty” in between the lines.
Unlike Ario Anindito’s page, there was just too much white.
So I had it colored by colorist extraordinaire Laura Martin (imo one of the best in the biz)

5 Likes

That was a good result!

I wonder if a colorist would ever do like an acetate or other type of translucent paper treatment over a piece.

1 Like