I Like What You Got (Original Art)

:100: :100: :100:

2 Likes

I believe the original cover for Ultimate Fallout #4 was sold a few years ago for $250k

And $3.3m for this Spiderman page that is not even a birth page

That’s crazy!! I guess if you have the funds you can go and overpay for lots of things.

2 Likes

One of the problems with society now… is materialism. People do spend way too much money on “things”. For me it’s all about making memories now for the most part… Life is too short to just buy stuff, I’d rather experience life instead.

3 Likes

[quote=“agentpoyo, post:348, topic:4368”]
For me it’s all about making memories

2 Likes

O, when I asked some original art folks on what is driving up the prices, the answer seems to be “nostalgia”. So these pieces of art are not “things” but represent the physical manifestations of past fond memories.

3 Likes

“Memories are for the dead, money is for the living”

-Bobby ‘the brain’ Heenan

Here’s the way I see it. If someone has the money to spend and buying these “things” makes them happy then so be it. Everyone is different and has different things that bring them joy.

3 Likes

That’s first Venom in the timeline, I would argue #252 cover would top this as it would be actual first Venom.

None of the pages from #252 that sold after this came anywhere close.

That’s fine for some but some allow the materialism to consume them and it becomes a problem of letting go and just recalling the memory itself. Hoarders don’t let things go because they need the physical piece instead of just recalling the memory. :wink:

1 Like

Its a very thin line - yes, it is about memories, because we dont all live in those pleasant memories all the time. For example, most of us dont live with our heroes, so some “things” like a signed comic allows us to live in those memories of having met our heroes. Or owning a original piece of art created by our favourite comic book creator of our favourite character allows us to live in the memory of discovering a comic book character for the very first time.

If that makes us hoarders, then so be it.

But, we digress…

1 Like

Didn’t say everyone was hoarders. I’m saying some let it consume them and they become hoarders. I’m also just trying to say, there’s more to life than just “things”…

But on with the topic so we don’t drift from it…

You’ve likey heard " Don’t Drink and eBay." Well, I’d like to add to that “Don’t Weed and WhatNot.”

Im not unhappy, but definitely wouldn’t have bought otherwise.

3 Likes

I swear Ive seen that pose before…

1 Like

Everyone’s always saying to “buy low & sell high”. Wonderful rule to follow if you can. We’ve all been short money and needed something and sold something we otherwise wouldn’t have. If not, I’m volunteering to be your heir. I’ve always posited, “buy while high & sell while high.”
Some of us can legally grow the wonderful cannabis. As well some of us grow it organically.

4 Likes

That’s not bad unless you paid a ton. I don’t think you’d have a tough time reselling if you decide to.

2 Likes

1 Like

So the splash page turned out to be smaller than a post it note?

It is a prelim.