I Like What You Got (Original Art)

Exactly. Not the final pencils / inks for the page. If it was, it would likely be $1,000+.

You might have to add an extra digit to that figure for the original.

Hah, was just about to make the same point.

OA isn’t really my wheelhouse. I trust ya.

I wouldn’t pay $1000 for a Liefeld original full page OA… I wouldn’t even pay $200 probably. So many other things could be well spent for $1000 or more than Liefeld art.

2 Likes

So you wouldn’t pay a grand for the first Deadpool original artwork? You don’t have to keep it.

1 Like

Nope. Have no desire to own Liefeld artwork and if I bought it for only $1000, that means nobody else wanted it and it would probably sell for $1000 or less. :wink:

What’s that suppose to mean? Me saying I wouldn’t spend $1000 on Liefeld art?

I have zero desire to own his work, so I would spend my hard earned cash elsewhere and we all know original Deadpool art would never sell for $1000 but for much more.

And just for the record, way back in 2018 NYCC or was it 2019, @Anthony, Tyson (toyboxone) and myself were all at Midtown Comics Time Square and who’s there browsing the store? Liefeld. Anthony and Tyson go off to get selfies and greet him while I just didn’t even bother. :slight_smile:

I think AFKADW is probably talking about the hypothetical opportunity to buy Deadpool’s first appearance for $1k. That would be among the best deals ever because of what you could flip it for. One of the interior pages from NM #98 sold for $205,000 a couple years ago.

1 Like

I know and realize that. It’s unrealistic to even think one could buy OA of Deadpool from his debut for 1k. So even if I had 200k lying around and thought I could sell it after the purchase for 250k, I’d likely still pass.

Once again, I have zero desire to buy or own Liefeld artwork. Calling that bullshit like it’s an opinion bugs me when it’s just simply fact knowing I wouldn’t bother even entertaining the purchase of such things.

It was just a hypothetical that if you could buy it for a grand and sell it for more you would buy it despite you disliking him.

I know, but the whole hypothetical like that aren’t being realistic. The whole… woulda, coulda, shoulda I just don’t play anymore cause it’s not reality. Regardless, even if I knew I could buy at 200k and maybe sell for 250k I’d pass. It’s not a guarantee sell at any price, so I wouldn’t even bother. If I’m dishing out thousands, I’d go for a Picasso or some other type of art, not comic book art.

1 Like

Ok I am about to flag the whole thread, please go back to displaying art.

Well, we are discussing original art but yeah, time to move on… it’s beating the dead horse at this point. I just don’t like being told my own thoughts are “bullshit” like they’re an opinion when they’re not. That’s all…

And done. It is beating a dead horse at this time.

Just got this in the mail. It’s from 20th Century Men. First appearance of President Goode.

Art by Stepan Morian

Deniz Camp writer, Image Comics

6 Likes

Kyle Rayner was one of my favorite new characters in the 90s, picked up this page at Fan Expo Dallas yesterday. Nothing significant in the issue that I know of, just liked the art/characters.
Titans (2018), issue 31, page 19.
Peeples as penciller with Vines as inker.

6 Likes

Dark Empire II issue 2 Page 19. Chewie orders Dianoga Pie with a one-eyed pirate Wookiee.

As a kid in the 90s, my first exposure to the Star Wars Expanded Universe was Tom Veitch and Cam Kennedy’s Dark Empire and Dark Empire II! At the time, I didn’t know how accomplished Cam already was as a 2000 AD Magazine artist and how iconic his style already was. All I knew was that he drew (and watercolored) the grimy underworld of the Star Wars universe the way I always imagined it when thinking about the dingy holes the likes of Boba Fett and Jabba crawled out of!

This particular original art page is from Dark Empire II issue 2, page 19. It shows the aging Jedi, Vina escape up a ladder and then Chewbacca enter an underworld tavern and order a slice of Dianoga Pie! I had to grab the Wookiee page, of course!

This piece now holds a special place in my collection. There aren’t many artists who pencil, ink and color their own pages and there are zero like Cam Kennedy!

9 Likes