I Like What You Got (Original Art)

Just got my “Thing” from a friend who purchased for me, from Paul Smith’s website while I was in the car driving.
Decided to create a montage of the artwork I’ve been very lucky to snag from Paul Smith over the last several years. he posts a few pieces at random times during any given random day; and almost all tend to sell within minutes.
Each of these is fully pen & ink; 8.5 x 11; generally $200 (I think some of the early ones were $100 - $150 but can’t remember sh*t). Probably my favorite X-Men artist back when creators were doing “runs” of a comic series.
Still trying to get more X-Men when and if I see them go up for sale.

9 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, lucky. I can never, ever land on his site at the right time. Only a couple times have I seen anything left for sale and it was a character I cared nothing about.

1 Like

My pickup directly from Javier Saltares at Terrificon this weekend.
I had seen a tiny picture of it when completed a few months ago; but to have it in the hands and see it full size for real is just great.
The guy spent some serious time on this.

11 Likes

beautiful.

1 Like

Elektra Commission by Joe Quesada

12 Likes

Just purchased my 13th Paul Smith original from his website.
He puts up 4 to 5 originals every several weeks and they tend to sell out within minutes

Trying hard to get all of his X-Men characters.
1 more down.
Only a couple more to go.

7 Likes

I was trying to get his Nightcrawler and it was gone. The Mysterio he had up was pretty cool too

1 Like

Yep… loved both of them as well

Spider Gwen Commission from ebay.

4 Likes

I’m part of the Tom Neely patreon. One of the creators of The Humans and I got this the other day.

4 Likes

“The Humans,” was a good read!

2 Likes

Yup it was.

20230715_180757

9 Likes

Beautiful pieces you got there.

1 Like

Turner? Nice!

2 Likes

Yup. Thanks!

1 Like

My primary Baltimore Comic con Pickup.
Got a few comics and a nice Demon from Tom Mandrake as well

It’s becoming a “thing” where I stand in line and get one sketch cover by Adam Hughes and Allison EVERY single convention. I just love 'em. (and I love getting off-beat characters; not just a million catwoman and wonder woman)

8 Likes

Came in today! I don’t always buy original art, but when I do it seems to be Liefeld!

Deadpool Badder Blood 5, Pg 6 (I think)

Also in terms of spoilers if should be noted that during one of his live streams a few weeks ago he was selling some OA of a new character debuting in DPBB 5 but I just couldn’t afford it. Maybe pick up a couple copies of that book if you’re trying to spec.

9 Likes

My commission is going to be used as a cover!

12 Likes