I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

Gotta keep this going. It’s been a few since I’ve posted. Here’s some recent newsstands.

Some recent Spider-Man additions.

More New X-Men which I’ve got multiples of most in newsstand.

1 Like

Todd the Newsstand man. I picture you wearng one of those old timey flat caps that the Newsies used to wear. :wink:. All in good fun, bud. But seriously, if/when those non key newsstands catch fire, you’re gonna be set up. There is definitely a growing niche market for them. :beers:

1 Like

I bet a lot of us have mental pictures of what we think others look like on here. Someone should start that topic. I’m really trying to just focus on keys but it’s hard for me to pass up cheap higher grade non keys. I don’t post a 1/3 of what I actually buy so I have a lot more that I’ll have to post at some point. The market’s definitely paying more attention to them and I’m seeing an increase in post 2000 newsstands being listed. Although most have them priced to high for my wallet.

Picked Another of these up yesterday. It’s the first Livewire in DC Continuity and a pretty sweet cover.

Another hole filled.

1 Like

There has to be a better way to phrase that…:joy:

1 Like

It’s worded perfectly. It feels so good to fill holes. I do prefer filling smaller holes compared to bigger though.

I find with the larger holes to have more longer lasting gratification when all is said and done. With smaller holes it’s over too soon.

1 Like

A few beautiful Michael Turner covers. God he was such a talent.

Turner made good stuff.

1 Like

Picked this up today for $30 including shipping. It’s also got a minor first full appearance of Danger.

2 Likes

First Kate Kane as Batwoman Cameo Newsstand.

1 Like

Very happy to finally add a newsstand copy of the first Winter Soldier. Paid just under $40 including shipping.

5 Likes

I prefer the winter soldier variant (I have one in CGC 9.8), but obviously that’s not available in newsstand and the A Cap cover is just as cool.

Great score!

2 Likes

Yeah same here. It’s his first appearance so having him on the cover makes it more desirable & valuable than the direct cap cover. I picked up the Captain America cover CGC 9.6 a month or so ago for $65. I actually sent it into CGC along with another book that had debris inside the holder for re-slabbing. I’ve already received them back & all free of charge from CGC.

I wish there were newsstands for the variants as well. Not that it’s easy to find the regular newsstands.

I still think this book is undervalued, regular cover or newsie.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the same. Should be more love for Winter Soldier… even Falcon. You can still get both their first appearances for pretty cheap.

2 Likes