I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

If we are talking any form of appearance, her 1st appearance would be Batman The Animated Series episode #22 from September 11, 1992. This was the first time the general public had a look at Harleen Quinzel, aka Harley Quinn.

1 Like

No, her true first appearance would be on a film cell used for the cartoon! Or in the brains of the creators. Their delicious brains…

1 Like

@davidbitterbaum ,I thought I covered that base with the ‘general public’ statement. :beers:

1 Like

Funny observation

This animation cel, in particular?

From ebay, ToddW was the seller. Even better condition than expected, really rare newstand based on my research & in top shape.

Started focusing on first appearance/first cover issues for characters showing up in what I am reading and Hazmat keeps showing up in Captain Marvel (great read).

9 Likes

I was just leaving feedback and thought I recognized your name from here. It’s nice to see your happy with it.

2 Likes

Now my graded Damian Wayne Graded Newsstand Set is complete.

3 Likes

Not a key but I figured it has to be rare considering it’s from 2011.

1 Like

Fast forward 10 months.

Of the 9, sold 5 raws for an average of $35/ea.

Sent the two best copies I had to be graded.

Held onto the others as at best they’d get 9.6…so would rather sell raw.

Of course im going to have to send these back because (A) the slabs are damaged and/or have debris in them and (2) they didn’t give me the Newsstand label that was supposed to have started on 9/26.

:roll_eyes:

So I’ll be posting more details in the CGC thread as well…

10 Likes

Just acquired. I haven’t gone through these yet, but going to pick out the best one or two then sell the rest.

Anyone in the market for a Boba Fett Twin Engines feel free to PM me. Letting most go cheap as not all are NM condition.

3 Likes

I’ll take one

3 Likes

Dug this out of a box of comics at my parents house I had from my childhood…looks to be in pretty good shape!

11 Likes

My childhood copy of Spawn #1 is also a minty newsstand copy. And I also have a copy of Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters #1. :wink:

3 Likes

I have three copies of Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters #1 from way back when. The guy at the comic shop said it was the Next TMNT #1. Good thing for him there were always a bunch of gullible young teens and tweens coming in to take all the junk off his hands. :smiley:

3 Likes

…or maybe is was Pre-teen dirty gene king fu kangaroos #1. I think I got stuck with multiple copies of both.

2 Likes

Poster intact?

1 Like

Do you have Elderly Morphine Addicted Samurai Elephants #1?

1 Like

Prepubescent Pandas, maybe

Correction: Mildly Microwaved Prepubescent Kung-Fu Gophers

2 Likes

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters
Adult Thermonuclear Samurai Pachyderms
Aristocratic Xtraterrestrial Time-Traveling Thieves
Cold Blooded Chameleon Commandos
Genetically Modified Punk Rock Pandas
Geriatric Gangrene Jujitsu Gerbils
Mildly Microwaved Pre-Pubescent Kung-Fu Gophers
Naive Inter-Dimensional Commando Koalas