I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

Guys, don’t bother the wife, alright? (Happy wife, happy life).

Here’s my work around:

I have an account at cbcs (it’s free) and occasionally post on their forums. When I upload a picture on their forums page it automatically reduces it to below the CHU max file size. It even shows me a preview before I hit submit!

I just click on that preview and save the photo to my phone, then swipe over to CHU and upload it to my post. Works like a charm!

Think I finally got it.

A few of about 100 recent newsstands. Focusing on post 2000 as there so much rarer.

Idk when image stopped newsstands as my image newsstands are pre 2000 and they fluctuated between a few different UPC setups from issue to issue in some cases. Those seem to be more recent post 2000’s. Anyone know when image stopped newsstands? Marvel went through 2013. DC was 2017.

But if it doesnt say direct sales, direct edition direct something or another then chances are its newsstand? Except with older marvel that had a white spidermans face for direct, a barcode for newsstand, and black spiderman for second prints? And dc had the dc logo for second prints?

First Serpentor!! He’s even on the cover (wrapped in bandages…)

1 Like

Wouldn’t some of the G.I. Joe toy commercials end by showing the comic book at the end? Could have sworn this was on one of their commercials.

Ah, there it is! Good ol’ Youtube!

Im not sure if that was an add for the comic or the toys. I remember when Serpentor came out. If you took his helmet off he had the miss shaped head.

I remember Zartan was color change in sunlight. Pretty cool for the time.

It must’ve been made with a weird chemical because I remember putting the figure in my mouth and it had a very revolting taste…relative to the other Joe action figures.

(Don’t ask how or why I know that…I admit it is a very odd observation but one I distinctly remember some 35 years later…)

Actually, it might have been the swamp skier that tasted horrible…memory coming back after I looked at the box.

Now I want it to test it out again.

1 Like

I put my Zartan next to a light bulb so he would change color and forgot about him until his melted pieces started falling from the lamp. Aaahhhhh the good old days before LED bulbs.

Here are a couple of my favorite reads.

Especially the #24.

So back on topic and just a few of my recent newsstands. Really focusing on keys and firsts.

Just ordered this tonight. First appearance of Death in DC Continuity Newsstand.

1 Like

Got this a few days ago. Got lucky and was able to buy a few issues of #210 at then market value just as the Madame Web rumors hit. Sold the others including the one I had in the pc. Made a real tidy profit! This one I am keeping though. I collect Spider-man so the more high grade bronze the better! Anyway, bought this one for $15 before shipping. Pressed it and I think it is a solid CGC 9.6 candidate. A 9.4 for sure!

1 Like

Here are some more that I got.

1 Like

Bought this for 99 cents off eBay. Looks like a potential 9.6/9.8 comic!

First full Destro, first cover.

2 Likes

When I first started collecting comics back in the mid 80’s (when copper age books were jut called modern books) bronze age comics were not really highly touted by most collectors at all…Even Hulk 181 would barely raise an eyebrow. Just a matter of time before copper age books are looked at more seriously. There are a few like TMNT #1 but for the most part copper is pretty much looked over. Ten years from that that will probably be very different.