I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

Adding to my slabbed 80s Marvel Transformers collection. I already have most issues 1-24, 43 & 78-80, many are newsstands and all but one are 9.6 grade (I don’t like to pay 9.8 prices).

Here we have issue 15 which I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a newsstand in 9.8 with the black cover…direct editions show up every blue moon.

Issue 31 is just nostalgic for me as it was the first comic I bought off the rack (not this copy, though) and marks when I officially started buying and reading comic books.

Rather than send in my own personal collection for grading, I keep buying these slabbed as I can get 9.6 graded newsstand copies for about what it would cost me to have my own raw copies pressed and graded…!

1 Like

Both are Direct Editions. Any Newsstands I’ve ever seen have had only 2 numbers in the second barcode.

A few of my recent pickups.

2 Likes

Adding to my GIJoe Marvel newsstand. Acquired the “key” in the run (1st Stormshadow, silent issue).

Just about all bends/creases look to be superficial…if it presses to VF/NM (9.0) I’ll be very happy!

1 Like

That will press nicely!

GI Joe #21 was one of the first books I ever bought off the rack when I was a kid (or my parents bought for me as I was 5 years old). I still have it. Its a CPV to boot, eh. Its not as nice as yours though, Drog. :joy:

That is a well loved comic. Nothing wrong with that!

That doesn’t look too bad for getting it when you were five or so

2 Likes

Why settle for one when you can have both!
hoe

Good tip one the 2 numbers.

1 Like

More recent pickups. I’m a huge X-Men Fan. I used to have a near complete full run excluding 1-6, 10-12 & most of the reprints. Sold it off a few years ago along with all my keys to buy a house.

Yeah it makes it easier to spot them when looking for sure. My stuff is all from online so it helps when searching listings.

Hi, Corona smith

1 Like

Lol. That’s my handle on the cgc boards.

Just arrived in the mail. Adding to my NM and up 80s Transformers newsies.

Just pulled the trigger on these. Paid less than cover for all.

Uploading: AE670A0F-BA10-4978-9CF4-F48513CDCB70.jpeg…

This is the most I’ve spent on a single comic since getting back into it after a few years of mainly not collecting. I had an CGC 8.5 Newsstand but it was damaged during shipping so it went back. Upgraded to a 9.2 for around $16 less.

Picked up several high grade transformers marvel newsstands. They even have the date stamp on the back cover or inside on the last page which is kind of neat.

I don’t think it effects the grade. Will likely send some of these in if the hit isn’t something that would keep them from NM+ which these are at least that (some need a press though).

image image

1 Like