I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

I would guess it was intentional as it was every issue of Millars run had the trade dress flipped on the newsstands. It make finding the newsstands really easy when you do run across them.

1 Like

Just a few more issues for a full set of newsstands.

6 Likes

I count 47. Where are the other 5?!

47, 48, 50, 51 & 52 missing.

1 Like

They were nearly all newsstands and I have an almost complete set already.

1 Like

12 Likes

9 Likes

Been waiting for a newsstand variant in this book to show up in high grade for cheap. I have the the rest of the one-shots in this series in newsstands.

5 Likes

Couldn’t pass this up at $100.

7 Likes

6 Likes

I will do my best to keep this thread going. 656 looks clean with a few cb spine tics 657 looks rough but at the price I couldn’t go wrong. Gen 13 33 is the first Planetary Appearance which I always pickup in either edition.

7 Likes

I was just reading covrprices email and a CGC Newsstand In 9.8 sold for over a grand. I have a suspicion that it maybe market manipulation. I haven’t even looked into it yet though.

It was a week apart and you can see the one I bought right next to the crazy expensive one. It was sold by modern.keys on eBay.

2 Likes

Well, yours is CBCS and we all know they are only worth 10% of CGC prices….

:crazy_face:

1 Like

I’d rather own a CBCS. I Feel they’re more accurate and I’ve never seen a Newton Ring.

3 Likes

Just proves that people are buying slabs and not books within the slabs… :wink:

@ToddW hey, I saw your post on the CGC forums regarding the Batman #1 sale and CVRPRICE mentioning it. Thought I’d chime in:

• that sale cant be legit. 9.6’s are under $300. there’s alot of fishy shit going on in the hobby right now…
  • the CVRPRICE writer, Nick, is full of shit.

Does that site let any inexperienced writer publish lies ? Smells like a pump n dump.

One would think the 2016 series would have a lower print run, because, ya know, DC stopped…publishing…newsstands…in…2017

2 Likes

yea if you’re going to make a claim like that, you should really have a source.

“it was ‘realistically’ only available”, lol just making sh*t up, in other words not true

1 Like

Why anyone paying for KCC is beyond me… It’s just full of hot air bullshit from what I’ve seen.

That’s actually COVRPRICE.

1 Like

Oh it is… geez, are they going the ways of KCC now too?

I was actually emailing back and forth with, I believe his name was Matt at CoverPrice. I pointed out what I thought were errors including that DC Newsstands went well into Rebirth and New 52 was several years before they stopped newsstands.

As well I pointed out CGC does in fact distinguish newsstands but they still haven’t added the numbers to the census.

That Batman sale was either Bullshite or some person with a lot of disposable income and no patience. He was really nice and stated they were changing some of the wording in the articles.

In regards to the NXM128 Newsstand sale I think it’s legit. A CGC 9.8 newsstand sold for around $800 awhile back. It actually arrived yesterday and I will be picking it up and listing it.

1 Like