I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

Literally just bought this for $20.39 on eBay. First Rockslide and Wither. All those Middleton covers for this series are smoking.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of first appearances in that short Middleton run.

2 Likes

Sorry, Kid Omegas first full is in NXM134 not 133.

I tell you I will pickup any nice copies I see. I’ve never sold one for less than triple what I paid. Best I I did was paying a dollar or two and selling for $80.

8 Likes

Specifically that issue or Witchblade in general, cause I’ve seen a tonne of Witchblade stuff in $2.00 boxes…

its the first appearence of the darkness

2 Likes

Witchblade was so good in the beginning. Loved the art

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Savage Dragon when it comes to 90s stuff but never got into Top Cow’s series of Witchblade or Darkness. They were edgy but not edgy enough for me, if that makes sense. I either wanted mainstream stuff like Marvel and DC or the really extreme stuff like Avatar Press back in the olden days (my folks did not realize how risque those could get).

2 Likes

Garth Ennis isn’t edgy enough for you?! The man who created a super powered prostitute and Preacher, isn’t edgy enough?

3 Likes

Deadpool 1. Because the barcode is on the back and a lot of eBayers don’t post pics of the back cover for some reason, this can be a challenge to find cheap

5 Likes

Because then are lazy. Or do not understand the importance of condition. Maybe both.

Either way, red flags.

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Wonder Woman 150, Adam Hughes

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

9.6 newsstands are the best deal out there IMO. You can get many of them for the price of a direct 9.6, and they can be harder to find/less in QTY of 9.8 directs.

These days you could even take a chance at resubmitting to get a 9.8 too, with how lax CGC is with their standards now.

6 Likes

Shiieeeet, you could probably slip a 5 dollar bill in there with a note asking really nicely for a 9.9 and it could happen these days.

2 Likes

don’t slip it inside the comic though… we all know CGC doesn’t open the books to grade them… :wink:

7 Likes

Not a newsstand; but a Whitman variant (which is kinda close enough to post here I hope)

Been looking for this book in super high grade for awhile. Still believing that the Russo brothers will connect with this property some day in a big way.

The Whitman #1’s and in this condition (which I feel is absolutely 9.6/9.8 with press) is freakin’ hard to find. And I’ve been looking for in this very high grade for awhile (affordable as well). There’s significantly less of these than the Gold Key version of #1.

One can find them in low and mid grade, but very high is hard

11 Likes