I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

How dare you post a non newsstand purchase in this thread. JK. Though it’s technically a newsstand.

1 Like

Is there a piece of the cover cut out?

1 Like

Nope - just may seem that way as a result of my professional photography :crazy_face:

1 Like

6 Likes

Why not?

5 Likes

I have one.

1 Like

Found these in a box of DC I set aside from a collection purchase last year.

6 Likes

X-Men Origins - Deadpool

2 Likes

All 50 cents

6 Likes

Just picked this up this morning for $21.16.

4 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Still sorting through some DC boxes from a collection I bought 2 years ago and found this… not on Covrprice. Is this fairly rare?

4 Likes

I think any 2012 Newstand is pretty rare, nice Capullo cover though.

4 Likes

I always tell people to compare what’s available on eBay to get an idea of rarity versus the Direct Editions. You may find just 2-3 newsstands versus hundreds of the directs.

4 Likes

I looked but it is a bit like a needle in a haystack since they made around 150,000 copies of this issue. I didn’t see any newsies on Ebay though.

Newsstand applied with a sticker. I can’t find a whole lot of info on these, if the publisher applied these or the store did?

1 Like

I have seen those before and I think they were done by the distributor. I believe it is an allowable defect by cgc

4 Likes

I have 3 copies of Minions #1 from Titan Comics that are Newsstands with this same (presumably) distributor sticker.
I reached out to CBCS and after multiple times of trying to get an answer, I seem to remember someone showing me a CBCS graded book (not Minions) with this newsstand sticker and it got hit significantly on grade by CBCS and got “sticker on cover”.

So, conversely, if CGC does not hit the grade or give some other dopey colored label, then I need to reconsider sending to them.

If anyone has firm evidence of a CGC book with a newsstand sticker NOT getting hit on grade or getting a colored label, I’d much appreciate hearing from you

2 Likes