Is Clownhunter Red X?

Key Collector claims Clownhunter might be Red X in future state due to the X’s on his helmet mask and buzzed into his hair. Gotta admit, the style of X is very similar.

The 1:25 of Batman 96 is on fire right now, so cover A might not be far behind. It’s not hard to find but maybe it’ll end up a $20 book? If you don’t already have a copy or if you want to load up, copies are just $2 at poor boy comics (after you add to cart). I picked up a few and some Batman 89 3rd prints and Batman adventure continues #2 2nd prints too since all were $2 each. You might as well get em if you’re already paying for shipping on the Batman 96.

Very doubtful, since Tynion has control over the character and Future State Teen Titans is not his book…

2 Likes

Isn’t any DC writer free to use any DC character as they see fit? Aren’t they DC property after all? Could Tynion even stop another writer from using Clownhunter in a future / alternate world if he wanted to? And why would he want to?

1 Like

You ask questions nobody here knows answers to. Im merely stating that creators of new characters dont usually let other writers use them…for awhile.

2 Likes

They aren’t creator owners characters at DC, so Tynion doesn’t really have a say if DC decides they can sell more books by using a certain character. It’s all speculation now though, but the images sorta speak for themselves I think.

1 Like

The whole point of Red X is to not know who Red X is. This is a running joke in Teen Titans Go where Red X first appears. Most of these spec writers haven’t watched a single episode of Teen Titans Go but will discredit Red X’s first appearance in Teen Titans Go #23 and try and sell you a stack of Teen Titans future state and 1st Clownhunter claiming its Red X’s first appearance and take your money.

2 Likes

Oh I know. Its sad.

1 Like

So Key Collector says ‘Speculation that Clownhunter is going to be Future States Red X’ so I mean it could end up being future states Red X but that doesn’t mean that he’ll be the main continuity’s Red X but who knows it’s up to you but like Alana said his first appearance was in Teen Titans Go #23 thats currently on eBay for anywhere between £90-200+

1 Like

True but that Red X was a robot, and so if this Red X is in fact Clownhunter, then Batman 96 and Future State TT would see a big boost. Whether or not this is true and whether or not the market will even care remains to be seen. I still think 1st Clownhunter for $2 is a good bet with or without Red X :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s very true either ways 1st clown hunter is going to see some heat in the future depending how well DC uses him

1 Like

Which Red X is a robot there are multiple Red X’s in Teen Titans Go #23 in different places at the same time. Every time someone says he’s a robot and not Red X you become part of the running joke that no one knows who Red X is. Will they reveal who he is, I doubt it that’s his whole mystique and would take away the characters uniqueness. But you can still get on Pink X first appearance I imagine they will revive that suit too.

1 Like

Also Thanos is a robot in Ironman #55 still considered his first appearance and the value is higher than any other Thanos book.

2 Likes

Makes you wonder “who” said what on Jan 27th to get Batman 96 1:25 Variant moving consistently… Retailers, Spec groups, Sheer Luck? :thinking:

This theory was also talked about Comic Drake who has a 300K+ following in Mid December:

Even mentions the TV show like @Alana did. BUT the only thing missing was exactly what @monopolyjackson mentioned before which I think is pretty big point no mention the creator Tynion.

He is one of the hottest writers out there right now it’s his ‘baby’ and if he is not on board makes you wonder.

I have no books so don’t matter to me, but $2 buy in is fine… but the ‘who’ said what on Jan 27th to get it going is the fascinating part and now the infamous app alert.

Time will tell the market is never wrong, unless you own the wrong stack of books you are trying to push lol

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

1 Like

I had someone message me on mercari if I had any first clown hunter design variants left this morning I knew something was up😂

2 Likes

Key Collector just wants to offload all those Batman #96 more than likely… :wink:

1 Like

I actually had that theory too a while ago. The Head design does seem similar but it could also be just too obvious and a red herring

Glad I picked up the 1:25 for cover price then but was hoping Red X would be Damian

1 Like

We also have to take in account that this is future state which is in the future and this is Teen Titans and Titans academy Red x will be appearing in, not Titans. So clownhunter wouldn’t be a teenager still in this future timeline. You can’t have a bunch of middle aged superheroes representing Teen Titans they already have Dick as Deathstroke, Just saying…

1 Like