Jim Comics Picks

Jim Comics Top Picks For NCBD March 30, 2022

He recommends Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters Jabba Hutt #1 and Amazing Spiderman #93

2 Likes

That doesn’t make sense. Books, and comic books, have a reread value. You don’t throw out literature and art, regardless of what your intentions are with it in the future, imo. :beers:

He works with KCC to push certain comics. He can make a video and talk about a comic and the price goes up three or four times in like 12 hours. He has got to know that he affects the market.

4 Likes

Of course he knows. Anyone that makes spec Youtube videos does it …for…a…reason.

And he’s pumping a TWIG store variant…smh

3 Likes

I’ve seen 25 TWIG covers so far counting virgins, trade dress, and all the other bs. That book is dead to me. Nothing against the story that I have not read yet. I’m just a cover snob.

5 Likes

I am not buying TWIG. The small independents have a small audience. It does not look that interesting.

1 Like

I’ll get a couple of cover A and that’s it.

I am buying Twig because Kyle Strahm is a friend. Other than that I am not spec-ing on it.

1 Like

i bought a copy of the preview for 5 bucks, i aint touching the rest, way to big of a print run for an indie

2 Likes

I had originally planned on going heavy on TWIG but have decided against it. Might pick up a copy for PC.

Looks like a ripoff of Beebo from DC anyways

1 Like

EiC already talked about ASM 93. Grabbed 4 copies from NYCollectorCave…cover C…hadda feeling…

Also my LCS had already told me a few weeks back they may not be able to get me a copy…so figured if I buy 1 online I might as well buy all 4 they had…everywhere else was limit 1. Screw that.

1 Like

After the EIC video someone posted that Midtown had the 1:25 for $22…It didn’t last long then all the flippers bought and listed some on flipbay… Midtown has the Gleason cover 1 per but the 1:25 no limits? really Midtown?

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2075829

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2077802

1 Like

As someone who has chatted with him in person and is his friend on Facebook I can confirm Kyle Strahm is a cool guy.

I have watched Jim comics since 2018 and he has never been dishonest, has no agenda and unlike many on here he doesn’t make money off comic books, so do that information is you will.

3 Likes

yeah i dont get why he’s such a hot button topic. Even if he did make money selling comics I wouldn’t see the issue. It doesn’t seem like he’s suggesting anything that doesn’t have some intriguing spec element.

1 Like

I don’t really watch Comic Youtubers besides a few friends of mine. Are Jim’s shows interesting and I should check them out?

1 Like

I don’t think you’re going to learn much more than what you’d learn hanging around here. But I started to listen just to know what to be ready to sell…or pick up cheap to flip quickly.

4 Likes

Jim is great. He helps me make money. Books are getting price bump and even if the price will slightly drop in a couple of months then some other site/youtuber will bump the price again saying it’s a “undervalued key”.

1 Like

I watch the video posted above not bad, I like that he shows comics the whole video and not him talking like other YouTubers. I don’t see anything nefarious that’s for sure he just likes to talk comics.

11 Likes