Jon Kent comes out as Bi-Sexual

I’m spreading the truth, not to stir the pot. The bisexual argument isn’t an argument, it’s a distraction. I firmly believe if he was 10 years old, the whole “but him being bisexual is ruining Superman” argument would not be a thing. Who can be mad at this?

Seriously, the solicitation reads as if this is the future and he’s older and clearly not 10…

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s traveled the galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father, Clark Kent, could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and bear the symbol of hope that has told the world who Superman really is. Join writer Tom Taylor ( Nightwing , DCeased ) and artist John Timms ( Infinite Frontier ) as they usher in a whole new era for the House of El!

Time to move on… non issue, he’s not 10 in this title.

Okay, wait a minute. I’m confused now (I was misreading your other comments). Are you arguing that fact that he should be 10 and isn’t anymore?

If that’s the case, my original stance stands… Peter Parker should be like 80 years old and a bunch of the other heroes out there that have been around since forever.

He was taken to Space by Jor-El, captured by Ultraman on Earth 3, kept prisoner there for 7 years, then came back 17… And none of that has been addressed. Nothing swept under the rug
It’s an incomplete arc. It had a start, it was going somewhere, then went nowhere. All we got was

“Well he’s like this with zero resolution”

And even then NO writer seems to want to tackle JON’S side of things. There’s been MORE than enough time to actually have him react to the fact his CHILDHOOD was stolen. He was captured and put through hell by Ultraman, the fact his best friend Damien Wayne is now younger than him, all of that… It needed and STILL needs to have MORE weight than
“Clark revealed his secret identity because of it”
They’re asking me to accept an incomplete and ill thought out story arc as something that’s

“Just how it is now”

… and I’m sorry… I can’t do that until ALL of that is addressed because right now? Even with him being Superman… it’s ALL half a product.

Are you mad that Star Wars also started the movies out with episode 4 instead of 1? It’s just a story a writer is telling currently and maybe eventually DC will fill in the blanks on the past… you seem hangry though, don’t think this is something to get so bent out of shape with, want a snickers? :wink:

Only thing that will make it work, is if they retcon that he was never aged up

I’m still pretty bitter the bible doesn’t address Jesus from like the age of 5 to 33 or so… Where’s all those scriptures telling me about his life dag nabit! Someone needs to retcon the bible… so we know what little Jesus did all those years inbetween stories :wink:

DC had a good thing going with Super Sons and the Superman family dynamic, but… Bendis wanted what he wanted and got his way. And this is the story they’re telling now. C’est la vie.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. It’s a bit too convenient they both came out at virtually the same time.

This reminds me of the very old claim that Batman and Robin had a same sex relationship. I think this is a poke in the eye to those critics, living or dead.

Who’s ready for Justice League Queer (real name)

I’ll wait for Justice League Hasidic.

1 Like

I would read JLQ if we get more Renee Montoya as the Question. That was cool.